03

Let the truth sting Season Four, Episode three

Let the truth sting
Season Four, Episode three

ESME stood in the elevator beside Cristina, who was reading a newspaper, and with Derek and Meredith right in front of them along with a few others in the elevator.

Weeks had already passed by and Esme moved into Meredith's house already. Esme had managed to avoid Mark in those weeks. Surprisingly.

Esme had stared off to space as she waited for the elevator to hit the floor they were supposed to be on and her little daze was cut off short as she felt Cristina smack her arm.

Esme soon turned her attention towards both Meredith and Derek. She could feel the awkward smile on Meredith's face by looking at the back of her head.

She watched as Derek had looked back to see Cristina and her, and Esme knew for a fact they were totally screwing each other again.

The elevator door soon opened up and it revealed a frantic Izzie.

Once they got off the elevator, Meredith and Derek looked at each other for a moment before running off in opposite directions.

"She's doing McDreamy," Cristina spoke up and Esme nodded in agreement, "She's doing McDreamy and lying about it."

"So that's the noise I've been hearing for the past few weeks?" Esme had a rather horrified look on her face, "I thought that was Alex screwing one his daily skanks."

"That's great," Izzie said as she kept looking around for something or someone.

"She's thinks we're weak, that we're fragile," Cristina complained in a angered tone as she referred to both her and Esme, "Like I can't handle it cause of Burke. Or that Esme can't handle her Mercy Wester boyfriend cheating on her."

Esme soon felt offended. Was Meredith really keeping this from her because she couldn't handle Jackson cheating on her and seeing other people in happy relationships? She was perfectly capable.

"Poor Cristina. Poor Esme. All alone."

"Damn right. Poor Cristina and poor Esme," Both Cristina and Meredith said in unison before walking off together.

•••

ESME had her elbows up on the counter with a bored look on her face but once Meredith walked over to her, she quickly put on a frown.

"Hey," Esme greeted her in a sad tone as she looked down at the flowers.

"Hey," Meredith greeted back and she was quick to notice the sad look on Esme's face, "Are your okay?"