12

Losing my mind Season four, Episode fifteen

Losing my mind
Season four, Episode fifteen

"WE HAD OUR FIRST CONVERSATION ABOUT YOUR FEELINGS and now you just want to leave," Dr. Wyatt told her as Esme paced around the room, "That timing doesn't strike you as a strange person?"

"No! And I'm still firing you. I'm done with you!" Esme shouted at her.

"No, you're quitting."

"I am not a quitter. Never was and never will be," Esme snapped at her.

"Well, you are. You and Meredith are both quitters," Dr. Wyatt told her and Esme glared at her, "Your mother quit you when you were younger. Your father wasn't there. You want to quit your little boyfriend, but you keep going back to him. And if I read your hospital chart correctly, you quit your life momentarily on a couple of occasions. You quit."

"Now you're officially fired!"

•••

Esme stood next to Meredith with Derek across from them as Greta's sister rushed out of Greta's hospital room to speak with them.

"Dr. Shepherd?" Greta's sister called out and Derek turned to look at her.

"Yes?"

"There's no Andre," She simply told him and Esme furrowed her eyebrows in confusion.

"What?" Derek asked with a confused look on his face.

"She made him up. He doesn't exist," She told them, "My sister—she is not a woman who has boyfriends, okay? And then four months ago, she goes on a cruise and comes back saying she's met her soulmate."

"Right around the time her symptoms started?" Meredith asked.

"There were no pictures, nobody has ever seen him," She told them and Esme didn't seem all too convinced, "Can you talk to her? Can you tell her we can't wait for Andre? Cause we could be waiting a long time."

Esme looked at both Derek and Meredith, while Derek had mixed emotions, Meredith seemed to believe the sister which caused Esme to roll her eyes.

•••

A few moments later, Derek stood next to Esme as they watched Greta through the windows.

"You believe Greta right?" Esme asked Derek, who turned to look at her, "You believe she's telling the truth about Andre?"