15

Dream a little dream of me: Part one Season five, Episode one

Season five, Episode one

DAYS HAD PASSED, and Esme stood next to Cristina as they waited for the results of the highest ranking hospitals with the teaching program.

"Back up. You're sucking up all my oxygen," Bailey grunted as Derek stood hovering over her.

"I'm trying to see," Derek replied in a calm tone.

"It's not up yet. There's nothing to see."

"It's supposed to be posted at four," Hahn spoke up in a annoyed tone.

"It's 4:15," Mark added on.

"Hit the refresh button," Esme suggested as she walked over to the computer.

"Yeah. You have to reload the page," Derek told her and Bailey smacked Esme's hand away from the keyboard.

"I'm hitting the refresh button every ten seconds. Just wait," Bailey snapped at them with an annoyed look on her face.

"Is it up yet?" Meredith asked as she walked over to the group.

"No," Bailey and Esme replied in unison.

Meredith and Derek greeted each other with smiles on their faces, which hadn't got unnoticed by Cristina and Esme who looked at each other.

"Is it up yet?" Alex asked as him and Izzie came over which got Bailey even more frustrated.

"No! Wait!"

"I'm thinking we move up a slot. We pass Hopkins. Move up to number two," Mark spoke up and Esme rolled her eyes at that idea.

"We're not passing Hopkins," Both Esme and Derek said in unison.

"We're gonna stay number two. Mayo could surge ahead. We could be three," Hahn suggested.

"Three? Pessimist," Derek commented.

"Realist. The rankings of teaching hospitals change based on any number of things."

"Ah, three is top five. I can live with three."

"Just hit the refresh button," Alex suggested before leaning in and Bailey slapped his hand away as well.

"Get—stay back. I'm doing this."

"Hey, is it up yet?" Jack asked as he came over making Bailey say no for the millionth time.