The End Fall

"Megan?!" I ask softly hoping that it's really her. I grab her and pull her inside while hugging her close with tears threatening to spill out my eyes. I hear her light crying as she grabbed on to me tightly.

Out the corner of my eye I see everyone in the room visibly relax. Megan and I stay holding each other close before I pull back waiting for her to start talking.

"Um so I can't really explain right now. But I know one thing is that we can't stay here for long." She says quietly. What? THAT'S the first thing she tells me.

"What do you mean? What aren't you telling me Megan?"

I see her contemplating whether or not she should tell me before she speaks up again. "We really need to go. Like we should leave now." Her tone sounds freakishly calm, but the words she said are anything but calm.

I scrunch my eyebrow not trusting her words. Does it really matter if we stay or leave? We are in more danger out there. She looks up at me then speaks the words right out head.

"We need to go because as a matter of fact we are safer out there than we are in here." I squint my eyes wondering if I accidently said that outloud.

"No you didn't say that out loud."

Can she read minds?!

"Yes I can as a matter of fact." I flick my head so hard at her. Did I hear correctly or did she just say she can read my mind?

"Yes I did Joy- look if you're going to keep being surprised can you do it when we are somewhere safer." She begs with a worried look.

I see that Logan looks a bit confused at our conversation before he connects the pieces. "You can read minds, huh." He states as a fact.

"Yes and I can hear you thinking if I know you were the creature roaming at school, that I overhead the government is trying their hardest to pinpoint. I didn't know, but thanks for the heads up momster boy" Megan says standing walking towards him.

"That is also more the reason as why we need to leave. Now." She says crossing her arms

If Megan can read minds then she probably knows exactly what the danger is and is trying to protect us from it by not telling us. I'm still very reluctant to leave especially if people are out looking for Logan, but Megan came back. She came back just to warn us about the danger, she's risking everything to help us.

"Ok we should go Logan. She can read minds. She's trying to protect us right now. We should listen to her." I say trying to reason with him. He looks at Megan then back at me.

"Alright I trust your judgment let's go." I nod my head thankful that he decided to listen.

"Ok everyone pack as much as we can take in the car, don't bring any useless things. Meet back here in 45 minutes."

"Make it 30, we should be leaving right now." Megan says cutting me off from what I was saying.

"Well 30 minutes I guess. Hurry now." I say as everyone starts getting their things. Luke, Lily, and Logan all rush outside to their house. I rush upstairs helping Mya and Octavia gather all their things. I grab some of my stuff before I enter my dad's room. I go up to him hoping he's not actually in a coma. I reach for his hands feeling the rough calloused palms. He lays still, not even moving once as I touch him. I feel a lone tear fall down my face.

What if this is the last of him and thats how I remember him as he withers away. I couldn't lose him, he's a part of me. He raised, cherished, and loved me. If he passes he remembers me as his little girl, while I only remember him drifting away losing more and more of himself by day. He doesn't even know what's going on to the world around him as he lays here peaceful as ever.