Younger

"Megan I don't care." I tell her as she continues eating her lunch.

"You're lying! You know you don't want him!" Megan said rather loudly.

I roll my eyes while giving her a knowingly look. I look back down at the cold, bland cafeteria food as I hear her ranting about how Logan don't love me and he ain't shit. She claims she is just looking out for me and that Logan would never love me the way I love him, but I beg to differ. She knows I don't plan on leaving him and she knows I don't care about what she thinks of him either.

"What about Liberty? You were so obsessed with her and wanted to be with her for the longest, and then Logan comes around and you don't like her anymore." She says trying to prove a point that won't get across.

"Megan we go through this every day, and every day it's still the same, I'm not leaving him," I say trying to get her to drop the subject, but sometimes I can't help but feel as if she has a point.

I did want Liberty, but the liking I took on her lead me nowhere. I remember thinking about the girl I did have a crush on for so long, just for her to not even give me enough attention. Megan used to encourage me to always talk to her but I could never bring myself to, I was just too shy. And yeah, there would be times in class were Liberty would ask if I need a piece of paper or me asking if she needed to borrow a pencil, but it never was more than that. She was my secret crush from freshman to Junior year, but she no longer holds importance to me as now all I think of was Logan.

I first saw him working during the latest summer while I was at the Waterpark. When I first looked into his eyes I couldn't look away no matter how hard I tried. He had this sort of pull that attracted you and could grasp you tight and never let go and I was curious to learn more. Soon later we hit it off and now the thought of Liberty was long gone and the constant rambling about Logan from Megan began.

"Oh now you got yourself a boyfriend and you don't want Liberty and I'm supposed to believe that." she says putting emphasis on the word boyfriend.

It doesn't even make sense to me anyways. Me and Logan have been together for about 4 months and yet she can't seem to stop talking bad things about him. She's barely even had a conversation with him and she still complains!

I groan and put my hands on my temple as I block out Megan. I stop stressing and turn my attention to the cafeteria and noticed how dull it looked. I mean it's highschool and no one is really the brightest at all times, but today everyone looked sick. I mindlessly motion for Megan but she's still talking.

"Megan shut up and look." I say leaning towards her and pointing to everyone ignoring her mean mugging me. "is it just me or does everyone look sick as a dog." I say noticing a lot of people sneezing occasionally and scratching their arms, sometimes their legs.
"Yeah I think the flu going around or some like that" she says mindlessly observing the crowd.

I was gonna go deeper into it but decided to let it go. Maybe I was just getting worked up for no reason so I stop worrying and start a random conversation with Megan and I'm glad it doesn't include Logan. And just as I was thinking of him, I see Logan come up to our table from the corner of my eye.

"Hey Logan." I say with a bright smile to him as he's nearing closer to the table.

"Hey." he replies shortly as if he has something more important to say. He looks concerned, so I was going to ask him what's wrong before he cuts me off.

"Are you ok? Are you sick? Is there anything wrong with you?" He says nearly slapping my face to try to feel for some sort of symptoms.

"Wait- just wai- boy get your hands away from me." I blurt out trying to stop the attack on my face