〖4 - "Why Didn't You Tell Me He's That Hot?"〗

July 5, 3rd POV (George)

The airport isn't the most inviting atmosphere. In fact, being there makes George sick to his stomach; it's just a huge reminder that he's going to see Dream.

He's positioned in the waiting area at the gate, having arrived there about 20 minutes ago.

There's a decent amount of people waiting like George. It's the middle of summer, after all.

The short man sighs with uneasiness spread across his face. Looking at the sign above the gate, he shifts in his seat.

7:25 AM

Gate 2B: 5 minutes until boarding

George's leg starts bouncing. He can't help but think about Dream.

Does he look like what George envisions? Will he be happy to see George?

Sapnap is coming to pick him up, which eases some of his stress, but what'll happen when he gets to the house? 

Dream said he was a hugger before, he'd probably hug George.

I'd like that.

"Now boarding Gate 2B!" George is interrupted by an announcement. He turns towards the gate and gathers his bags. He pulls out his phone, takes a selfie, and texts the group chat.

hey guys im boarding the plane!
[1 image attached]

Dream responds almost immediately. The corners of his mouth lift at the message.

Dreamy💕
cutie :) when will you get here?

in like ten hours 🙄🙄

Skeppy‼️
they're flirting again omg 😳

shut uppp

George wonders why Dream is up so late. Nerves? No way, Dream's never nervous. George decides it's best not to ask. -it's 2:30 AM-ish for Dream and 11:30 PM for Skeppy btw-

After the flight attendant skims through the basic safety drills, George is left alone with his thoughts -- which is probably not a good idea. The rest of the flight is filled with overthinking and anxiety, as you'd expect.

︵‿︵‿︵‿︵

Dream's POV

Holy shit.

Today is the day.

I had stayed up all night, checking the group chat, overanalyzing, and reorganizing everything in the house. This has to be perfect. I don't want them to have a bad experience.

Rubbing my eyes, I put my weight on my feet. The static in my vision clears to reveal my analog clock.

7:42 AM.

I walk through the living room and to the kitchen, heavy-footed. To my surprise, Sap is already at the island, eating breakfast. He's usually not up until 11:00.