3

When Ben got home that night he got onto his laptop and began researching things for pregnancy and pregnant women. He got up and went to the store making sure to get a bunch of fruits and drinks. He got nuts as well.

The next morning Ben blended a smoothie and brought pre cut snacks for Miranda. He pulled out his phone and texted her.

"Good morning where are you?"

"The attending’s lounge." She responded quickly smiling.

"Okay I’m on my way up."

When Ben got to the attending’s lounge he saw Miranda stretched out on the couch with a pillow on her side reading.

"Good morning baby mama."

Miranda Snapped her head up and looked around quickly to see if anyone else was in there and took a breath when it wasn't.
"Stop calling me that." Miranda said rolling her eyes at him.

"Here." Ben said handing her the smoothie.

"Eww what is this." Miranda said looking at the green drink that look unnecessarily healthy.

"Its an energizing green smoothie." He said laughing at her face.

"I hope it taste better than it looks." Miranda said holding it to her mouth.

"It will. It's full of natural energizers. So it will also keep you from being tired." Ben said confidently.

Miranda finally obliged and sipped the drink tasting it. Once she tasted it she drunk some more it was actually really good.

Ben watched as she drunk it.
"Do you like it?" Ben asked smiling at her.

"Its really good." Miranda told him sipping some more.

"Here eat the apples." Ben said giving them to her.

"Hey you really know how to treat a girl."

"I try." Ben said shrugging.

"Hey this is almost gone.” Miranda pouted and Ben laughed.

"Can you bring two tomorrow?" Miranda asked sweetly.

This became an everyday routine Ben would bring Miranda two smoothies one for the morning and another for the afternoon plus snacks. They talked everyday about any and everything. They were becoming good friends.

"Hey our ultrasound is tomorrow be on time Dr. Warren and not in a surgery." Miranda said playfully because that's exactly how she missed the one they had scheduled for last week.

"I should be saying the same thing to you." Ben teased.

"I’m sorry, but in my defense the surgery went longer than expected."

"Its okay you know I will never fault you for your job."
Miranda smiled hearing him say that grateful that he understood her and her career.

"Benjamin stop rushing me. I am coming outside. I just have to find a pair of pants that fit." Miranda said frustrated into the phone.

Ben could picture her standing in nothing but a shirt. It was a image he wanted to see in reality.
"Just wear a dress." Ben retorted.

"I can't just wear a dress, then I have to pull it all the way up to get to my stomach during the appointment and I'm sure you don’t want to see all of that."

"You have no idea." Ben sighed.

"What was that." Miranda questioned.

"Nothing just wear some scrubs and I'll take you to buy clothes today." Ben said resting his head against the stirring wheel.