xii [unedited]

twelve

"How has your day been, love?" James asked as he pulled out my chair at the pizza diner for me. it had been three days since we met at the party and James had been texting and snapchatting me nonstop. Just yesterday he had asked me out for pizza and despite how fattening the stuff is, I said yes.

"I'm doing wonderful, just as I said in the six snaps you sent me this morning," i laughed as his face heated up and he looked down toward his lap. "How are you doing?" i asked him, biting my lip to prevent more laughter form escaping.

"I'm fantastic now that I'm with you," James began to pull in his chair and opened up his menu.

//

After plenty discussion, I managed to persuade James into buying one pizza for us to share. We ended up talking about the most random things from pedicures to the best flavor of Pringles.

"It's not messed up for guys to get manicures and pedicures, it just shows that they take care of their nails," James showed me his left hand which was much softer than mine, and had a nice glossy shine on his nails.

"But anyways, we have other priorities," James grabbed my hand and dragged me out of the shop. "Come on, love," he laughed, dragging me down the street.

"I'm coming, slow down James!" despite my protests to run, James continued to pull me along behind him.

"We can't go any slower, love. I can't have us miss our appointment," James turned around and winked. My mind drifted to Cal, but I immediately brought myself back to reality. I shouldn't think about how Cal would bop my nose with his finger and tickle me till I'm red while I'm on a date with James.

"Okay," I replied as the stench of tobacco overcame the air. I wrinkled my nose as James brought me further into the trashed neighborhood. Drunk and high teens sat perched on the curb, sharing cigarettes. "James, what are we doing here?" I asked.

He smirked and pointed to a small group of teens. A boy with blue hair held a flask up to his head, his arm around a white-blond haired girl. A blonde boy had his head tilted back in laughter. Finally was the unmistakable figure of Calum Hood as he sat painfully close to the blond haired girl, playing with some of the strands in her bleached hair. "Showing you who your friends really are."

//

//

yes, they did pay for the food, and you're welcome, i decided to add a plet twist ish bc i suck at those lawl