Fourteen

(Cassandra POV) (few months later)

"Hold on, what?" I asked him in horror.

"You're going to stay with Reggie while we go to London for our series," Jake said to me.

"No!" I cried, "can't I just stay here? I'm almost 18!" Jake pursed his lips at me and I gave him a jaunting smile, hopefully winning this argument. Jake purses his lip a little harder, thinning his lips.

"...Fine." I nod and then walked away. "How's your arm?"

"Still the same," I reply, ducking into my room for my MacBook before walking out towards the living room.

"When I land, I'll message you," Jake told me, "and if I call you, answer."

"Okay." I said.

"No parties, I don't want to get evicted," I roll my eyes at him playfully, "if you need something, call like Reggie or someone, okay?"

"Okay."

-

I knocked on Colby's door since Jake went out to Tara's house, he opens the door and then let me in.

"Hey, Colby!" He shuts the door after me.

"Hey, Cass," he replies, I turn around and tilt my head.

"What's wrong?" I ask, "you sound sad." He shakes his head and yawned.

"Just video stuff got me tired," he replies, "so are you coming to London with us? Jake said he was going to ask you." My eyes widened.

"He said I had to stay at Reggie's," I told Colby and he sighs. "What?"

"Do you want to go to London?" I nod my head. "Then I'll talk to Jake."

"Thank you, should I go pack?" Colby shrugs.

"Yeah, I mean we're going to be going around to not only the hotel, but a church," he told me. "They don't know that though so Shh."

"Okay, well come over and help me pack?" I ask with a smile.

"Sure, let's go."

-

"Should back extra underwear in case I poop myself?" we both laugh before I heard the door close and keys being placed on the counter.

"Cassy!" Jake calls.

"In here!" I reply as I then cross my arms and shrug. "That's enough right?"

"Yeah." Colby responds.

"What's going on in here?" Jake asked us. "Why are you packing?"

"We're going to London bruvs." I said in a poor English accent, it make Jake and Colby laugh.

"Oh no you don't, you're not coming with us," Jake said.

"I was asked to go," I told Jake.

"By who?" Colby put his hand up. "Colby!"

"Well, she's almost 18 and hasn't left the state, so like why not? It won't kill her to come with us." Colby explains. "Besides, you can keep an eye on her, after all, she is your daughter, Jake."