𝚒'𝚍 𝚝𝚊𝚔𝚎 𝚊 𝚋𝚞𝚕𝚕𝚎𝚝 𝚏𝚘𝚛 𝚢𝚘𝚞.

i'm sorry.

𝙈𝙖𝙩𝙩𝙞𝙖 ⓧ

"Awe, I'm sorry bubbas," I apologized to my two-week-old son because I accidentally woke him up from sneezing, "I got allergies, Mal, I can't help it," I said as he looked up at me with an angry look, "You probably won't go back to sleep," I sighed as I stood up and walked around, still holding him so he could rock back to sleep.

"Mommy will kill me if you don't take a full nap," I whispered, leaning down and taking off the dumb hat that Kairi put on him before we left his house. I went over there this morning to find Kairi sleeping with his face in a bowl of fruit loops, and he told me that he hadn't been getting any sleep. And I offered to have Malachi at my house for the day so he could get some rest.

And plus, it was my turn next week so I just get to spend more time with him. "I'm sorry for sneezing, just try to go back to bed," I said, throwing the hat on my bed and brushing my finger through his smooth hair. "I don't know why mommy would cover your beautiful hair," I said, "You have a full lion's mane babe," I told him with a huge tired smile.

"You wanna listen to a song?" I asked as I took my phone out, "Mama said that he'll hurt me if I play pop smoke for you...but I won't tell if you won't," I said, before pressing shuffle on his playlist. I leaned down, kissing Malachi's nose a few times, "You're gonna love pop smoke when you get older-" I stopped when I heard the front door slam shut. I froze when I realized, fuck, dumbass, you forgot to bring the trash cans up the driveway.

I heard my name being yelled. I quickly stood up, putting Malachi in his crib, and covered the side with a blanket so if Marco did walk in, he wouldn't see Mal. "Shh baby, shh, it's okay, I'll be right back," I told him. I looked around for a chair or something to use to block the door, before it opened, I ran over, pushing my body weight against it, trying to get it to close so I could lock the handle and Malachi would be safe.

Marco started banging on the door, yelling for me to open it. And I was terrified, Marco didn't even know that Malachi was over and I know if I let him in, he would most likely hurt him, and I won't let that happen. I was starting to lose my strength, my feet were slipping and sliding down the floor.

I was about to reach over and grab the lamp on the side table to maybe use it as a weapon, before Marco burst in, pushing me to the floor and hurting my shoulder. He quickly looked over at the crib and saw Mal sleeping. He looked back down at me with a disgusted look, before kicking me, and calling me the same names he always does.

Grabbing my shirt and punching me over and over again in the chin. The worst part was that Malachi was scared, he was crying loudly, and I tried to reach up for him. I just needed to hold him, and he would be okay.

Marco stopped kicking after a few minutes, my heart felt like it was physically breaking hearing Mal's loud cries. I took this as my chance to grab Malachi and run. I got on my knees and pushed myself up before hearing a loud bang, and it felt like ringing in my ears. I felt like something was falling on me, and looked up to see a hole in the ceiling, and old paint chips and dust was falling all over me.

I carefully looked back down at Marco, putting my hands in an 'I surrender.' sort of position. "Marco. Look at what you're doing...you don't wanna do th-" I stopped when I heard another loud bang, ringing in my ears, but I didn't feel any dust or paint chips falling on me. I felt a sharp pain in my chest. I looked down, seeing the blood seeping through my grey shirt.

I looked back up at Marco with a pained face and fell on my back. Malachi's cries grew louder and stronger because of the sudden bangs and loud noises hurting his ears. He has sensitive hearing, my poor baby has sensitive hearing and that prick hurt him.

I'm almost positive my mom heard the bangs and ran in, screaming when she looked down at me. I tried to keep my eyes open to make sure Malachi was safe in her arms.

But it felt like someone cut my chest open, and was sticking fire inside of me, every hurt and it felt like a burning sensation. But the thing that hit me most was the taste of pennies. And the same damn ringing in my ears.

"Mal-Mala-c-chi," I said to my mom as she kneeled by me before my head fell back. And my eyes were closed shut. The last thing I heard was Malachi crying, and the ringing sound fading away.

-

𝙆𝙖𝙞𝙧𝙞 ⓧ

"Maiya! You do the laundry next week, and the week after that!" I yelled as I walked down the stairs. I wasn't as sore as before so it didn't hurt as much going up and down the steps. "That's not fair!" She yelled back from the living room. "Yes it is, Mattia did our laundry this week, and I didn't it the week after, so you do it next week then the week after that," I told her. "Fine...whatever," She mumbled.

"Ma?" I asked as I walked into the kitchen looking for my mom, "Yes baby?" She asked, "Oh, I was just wondering if you could call the school, and tell them that I won't come back for the last week of school," I said, and she nodded, "You know you'll have to do extra classes right?" She asked me, and I nodded, "Okay then, I'll call later and you can talk to them okay?" She asked, and I said a quick okay before turning around to go to the living room.

I heard the doorbell ring as I walked past it, and I quickly walked back. "マイヤ, get the door!" (Maiya, get the door!) Our mom yelled, "I got it ma!" I yelled back as I went on my tippy toes.

Looking through the peephole, before quickly opening the door. "Hi Ms. Luca, is everything alright?" I asked, looking down and seeing that she was holding Malachi in his car seat.

She looked different, not a bad different but just a weird different, like something had happened. "M-Mattia, he-he was..." She couldn't keep speaking and covered her mouth. "Marco h-he...he-he....shot him," She finally stuttered out.

My eyes widened as those words left her mouth. Shot? Mattia? My Mattia? Shot? "M-Mattia?....my Mattia?... M-Mattia Polibio?...he was-he was shot?" I asked, putting a hand on my chest, and she nodded before starting to cry. Holy shit.

(*ˊᵕˋ)* ̀ˋ

awe shucks.

WHO GUESSED IT.