Chapter 17: "Let her go."

(Yoongi POV)

(Yoongi POV)

I think I got about three hours of sleep before I heard a knock at the front door.

Wait...a knock?

To put this in a better perspective. I just heard the knocking at the front door of a safe house used by special agents hidden from society in the woods specifically meant to not be found in order to protect its residents.

So, to say again. I got about three hours of sleep before I heard a knock at the front door.

Slowly, I creep out of bed and sneak my way to the kitchen window. I've been trained to be silent. I've successfully retrieved documents, and stolen items from the hands of the most infamous gangs in Korea without any complications. A knock on the door? Pft, I can handle this.

Honestly, it's probably not anything serious. A wild animal or the wind blowing a branch against the house; it's happened before, and it will most likely happen again. But considering the situation I'm in, I can't afford the luxury of being unsuspecting. I have to assume the worst. For Yanna's sake.

I don't hear another knock though. Maybe it was just my imagination. I peek out the window between the drawn curtains, but there's no one there. I chuckle to myself, "Maybe Yanna is getting to me, and I'm starting to hear things."

I can't take any chances though. I quickly reach into the top kitchen drawer and hide a small knife in my sleeve before getting in position to answer the door. My pulse races. My forehead starts to sweat. But I'm surprisingly calm. I guess I'm used to feeling the adrenaline rush after all these years.

My hand wraps around the doorknob. I take a moment to glance up the stairs at Yanna's closed door. She must have closed it before falling asleep. The time says 3:13am. I hope she's sleeping soundly at least.

I hope all that we said to each other doesn't keep her from sleeping the whole night. I know, for me anyway, the dreams I had tonight weren't exactly what you would call "pleasant". Probably because Yanna happened to be in every one of them. Is she dreaming about me too? Either way, I hope Yanna is having a better night than I am.

With a sharp breath, I open the door.

"Hello, Yoongi. Long time no see."

I can't believe my eyes, "Jung-?"

But I don't have time to register anything before a fist hits my temple, and the once familiar face is replaced with ringing pain inside my head.

~~~~~~~~~~

"Yoongi!"

What? Is that... my name?

"Min Yoongi!"

My vision is blurry when I finally manage to open my eyes. The world is spinning relentlessly. I shake my head and blink my eyes until I feel somewhat stable again. Not the first time something like this has happened, but still, I don't necessarily love the feeling of getting hit in the head.