Chapter 10 Facing Your Past

You stepped next to Aang and pulled him behind you. Aang looked at you confused, curious who this masked man was and how you knew him. You didn't look at him though, your eyes were focused on the man you had presumed dead. For the first time in many years, you were actually terrified, knowing there was no escape. You looked around and his soldiers had completely surrounded the clearing "Wo-Tin..." you uttered looking at his one visible eye. "I'm glad you remember me Y/N." general Wo-Tin said with a cold voice and a chuckle. "I'm glad, because I remember you rather well. In fact, I've been looking for you for three years. Since the day you took everything from me." he said trying to stay as calm as possible. His one visible eye looked at you with pure hatred. "I... I thought you were dead." You said and Wo-Tin laughed again. "You'd like that wouldn't you? It would have made things so much easier for you." "I... I couldn't..." you uttered. "Spare me your excuses fool." Wo-Tin exclaimed. "You were able to hide from me for all these years, but our little game of hide and seek ends today." Wo-Tin said slightly losing his cool. "You will pay for what you did to me. What you did to Soci." Wo-Tin continued. You looked around you again. There was no way to get out of this. You realized this could be your final moments and the only thing you could do is plead with him. "Let the others go Wo-Tin. They got nothing to do with this. This is between you and me." you said, trying not to sound afraid and you took a few steps toward him. Wo-Tin chuckled "Let your friends ago? What exactly do you think my intentions are here Y/N? I'll give the Avatar to Ozai and I'll destroy you and everything you love." he said maniacal.

Katara listened in Appa's saddle and had heard enough. Before you could say another word Katara quickly jumped off of Appa and stepped in front of you. "You're not gonna hurt Y/N! I won't let you! You won't hurt any of us! You'll have to get through me first." she yelled at Wo-Tin while water circled around her in a threatening manner. Wo-Tin chuckled. "Making your little girlfriend fight your battles for you Y/N? Well, I can't say I expected any different. Looking at the fact you rather hide from me than face me." he said and he waved his hands above his head. "Men, take the avatar and his friends. Leave the dragon. He's mine." Wo-Tin commanded and countless soldiers came running up onto the clearing.

Sokka jumped off of the still unconscious Appa, stepping next to you with his club in hand. "A friend of yours Y/N?" He asked. "Not really." you said. Aang stepped next to you as well instructing Momo who sat on his shoulder to go help Appa. Momo flew over to his fury friend and started removing the sleeping darts that were lodged into his belly and paws. You, Aang, Katara and Sokka stood next to each other looking at the incoming soldiers. You looked beside you and everyone looked back at you. They knew this was gonna be a heck of a fight. You nodded towards your friends and they nodded back at you in a moment of understanding. It was all or nothing. You all took your fighting stances and ran towards the soldiers.

What ensued next was a massive battle. The biggest one you had ever been in. chaos ensued all around you. It all went really fast and it's hard to keep track of everyone. Aang used his staff and his feet to blow away as many soldiers as he could. The soldiers were taken of their feet by the force of Aang's airbending and got smacked against nearby trees or thrown into bushes. Sokka wasn't a bender but he still held his own. He was a tough one to take down. He mostly attacked the non bender soldiers that ran in-between the firebenders, dodging their spears and repenting with heavy blows to their heads with his club.

Katara was fighting furiously as well. She knew their leader wanted to hurt you and the rest, and she wasn't going to let that happen. She still stood in front of you and used the same octopus whip manoeuvre she had used in Yon Dao when you were grabbed. You were impressed. You never saw her fight like this before. She still wasn't a master but she definitely improved since the first day you met her. You still didn't want her to get hurt though, so you took her arm and quickly pulled her behind you. Katara turned around so she could focus on the firebenders that circled around you to attack you two from behind. You stood back-to-back with her. You taking out everyone in the front with firebending and she took the back with waterbending. You were picking off the firebenders one by one. You noticed you were a great team. You setting up soldiers for Katara to take down with her water whips, and Katara freezing soldiers behind her so you could take them down with powerful fire strikes. When there were no more soldiers coming from yours side you jumped in front of Katara, helping her with the soldiers coming from her direction. You shot rays of fire at your pursuers and every soldier you missed Katara picked off with her water whips shooting back and forth beside you. You looked at Aang and Sokka who helped each other as well. Aang blew soldiers to the ground so Sokka could knock them out. You noticed you took down even more firebenders when you were working together and after a few minutes you and your friends were gaining the upper hand. When you four cleared most of the soldiers coming from the forest you regrouped. All standing back-to-back, striking down any soldier that came too close, without breaking formation. "Is everyone still okay?" you asked. "What do you think?! We're team Avatar remember!" Aang yelled giving you all more courage before continuing the fight.