Chapter 6 The Island Kyoshi

"What are we even doing here general? This place is deserted. A big waste of time if you ask me." The captain said when he entered the hellish room in the southern air temple. "Can we go now? The avatar and his friends aren't even here. There isn't much food around and all those skeletons creep out my men." The captain continued. "Oh, please Lucero. Remind your men that they shouldn't be worried about the dead if they keep complaining. Plus, don't you see this place for what it is? It's a historical monument to one of the fire nation's first accomplishments in this war. I mean look at all those airbenders, they didn't stand a chance. Sure a few of these men were our own, but still a great victory non the less." The general said and he pointed at the corpses spread around the room. "Plus, you're wrong captain. This stop was definitely essential to our purpose. The avatar isn't here anymore, but he definitely was." The general said and he put his hand into one of his pockets. When he took it out, he showed the captain a handful of white fur. "They can't be far."

You tried to fight back but they pushed you and Katara to the ground with quickness and finesse. You wanted to firebend at your capturers but before you could move, your hands were cuffed and your eyes blindfolded. "You cowards! Don't you dare touch her!" you screamed but your mouth was gagged right after the last word got out. "Y/N, I'm alright don't worry." Katara said and by the sound of it her mouth was gagged as well. "You better stay quiet or it'll be much worse for you." You heard a female voice say. After a while you and Katara were put into a kart of some kind. You heard a few muffled voices and you made out that Sokka and Aang sat in the kart as well. You even heard Momo screech in fright. "We put that beast of theirs to sleep." Another female voice said. "Those sleeping darts were a good idea Lian." The female leader replied. This time it was Aang's turn to protest but no one could make out what he was saying. You heard someone smack Aang on the head. "Keep quiet baldy." Another female voice said. "We can move out Suki." you heard the voice of Lian say. "We're bringing you to our village. Our mayor will know what to do with the likes of you." you heard Suki's voice say. You heard someone climb aboard the kart, the sound of yanking reigns and the ostrich horse that made the kart move. You all sat there quietly. Not knowing what to do or what would happen to you.

After half an hour of traveling the kart suddenly stopped and you and your friends were taken out of it roughly one by one. You were bound to a thick pole with ropes. You noticed that the person tied next to you was Katara. She noticed you as well, and before you could react, she grabbed your hand that was tied behind you. Aang was tied to the left of you and your kidnapper started speaking after tying up Sokka as well. Tying him up took allot longer because he put up most of the struggle. "Okay, I'm gonna take off your gags and blinds if you promise not to make a fuss." the female kidnapper said. You nodded and she removed them. When you were able to see again you looked around. You were in a small village, bound to a pole with a statue of avatar Kyoshi on top of it. You looked at the group standing in front of you. You knew them from your books. You looked behind the group and you noticed that the whole village came out to see what the commotion was about. "Wait a minute... Where are the men who captured us?" Sokka asked. "You fool! We're the ones who captured you." The female leader exclaimed in fury.

"You're the Kyoshi warriors." You uttered. The female warriors looked at you a bit flabbergasted. "That's correct. Not allot of people know about us. You're not from around here. How do you know?" the female leader asked. "I read about you in 'Rise of the Earth Kingdom'. I read that the Kyoshi warriors were trained by avatar Kyoshi herself and they became her personal guard. This must be the island of Kyoshi then." You replied. "That's right and we've kept our vow to protect this island ever since her death three hundred years ago." The leader said and Aang caught her eye. Probably because of his unorthodox appearance. "We didn't mean no harm. I'm the avatar and we just came here to ride the coy fish." Aang said. "The avatar?! Are you mad? The last avatar was an air nomad. How can you possibly be him? They're all extinct." The mayor said who just arrived on the scene. "Show them some airbending Aang. That'll make them see." Katara whispered to Aang. Aang grinned, let out a huge gust of wind which launched him up in the air, tearing of the ropes you four were bound with. "I can't believe it. It is... He is the avatar." The mayor said and he fell to his knees, bowing down for Aang. Aang's force tore the rope and you were finally able to move again. You and Katara noticed you were still holding each other's hand and you let go quickly, both turning red and looking the other way. "My apologies for tying you and your friends down avatar, we... we didn't know." The leader of the Kyoshi warriors said and she and her fellow warriors all bowed for Aang. Aang turned red. "Please, get up everyone. No harms done." He said nervously. Everyone rose up again and they looked at Aang. "You said you came here to ride the coy fish?" the mayor asked. "Sure did." Aang replied with an enthusiastic smile. "I must warn you avatar these waters aren't as save as they used to be. There's a huge water creature called the Unagi creeping around." The mayor said seriously.