chapter eighteen- Not Really Goodbye

A/N: Please read the a/n at the end of the story! Also, when you see a " YEAR TWO" chapter, you can skip it. Nothing special there. Enjoy!

YOUR POV:
"Y/N, are you awake?"

I rubbed my eyes, adjusting them to light. I glanced to my left and saw Harry grabbing his glasses. Sitting up, I noticed all the candies, flowers and goodies right in front of me.

"Good afternoon, Harry, Y/N." Dumbledore spoke gently, entering the hospital wing. Madam Pomfrey wasn't here, it was strange since she loved me.

"Ah, tokens from your admirers." He observed my treats.

"Admirers? Y/N has admirers?" Harry asked coldly.

"What happened down in the dungeons between you two and Professor Quirrell is a complete secret." Dumbledore continued, ignoring Harry. "So, naturally, the whole school knows." Harry and I chuckled.

"I see that your friend, Ron has saved you the trouble of opening one of your Chocolate Frogs."

"Ron was here? Is he alright?" Harry questioned.

"What about Hermione?" I asked.

"Fine," He replied, holding a hand up. "They're both just fine."

I sighed in relief and laid back on the pillows.

"What happened to the stone?" Harry asked.

"Relax, dear boy. The stone has been destroyed. My friend Nicholas and I have had a little chat, and agreed it was best all around."

"But Flamel, he'll die won't he?"

"He has enough elixir to set his affairs in order. But yes, he will die." Dumbledore replied, sitting down beside Harry.

"How is it I gotten the stone, sir? One minute I was staring at the mirror-" When will Harry stop asking questions?

"Ah, you see, only the person wanting to find the stone, find it, but not use it, would be able to get it." He scooted closer to Harry and whispered, "That is one of my more brilliant ideas, and between you and me, that is saying something."

"I'm still here, you know." I said.

"Yes, you are." Dumbledore chuckled.

"So, does that mean, with the stone gone, that is, Voldemort can never come back?" Here we go with Harry and his questions. Dumbledore stared into Harry's eyes, lost for words.

"Oh, I'm afraid, there are ways in which he can return. Harry, do you know why Professor Quirrell couldn't bear to have you touch him?"

"He tried to hurt you?" I asked, worriedly.

"Yes, he did try. But he couldn't because it was his mother. She sacrificed herself for you. And you, Y/N, didn't die because of your father. He sacrificed himself so you wouldn't get hurt when you were little. That's why you didn't die."

"She was suppose to die when Professor Quirrell did that curse on her?" Harry questioned.

"Yes."

"So my father is really dead, huh." I asked.

"That is for you to decide. You don't know until you see it. But the point is, that love saved you both, in many ways that you couldn't possibly imagine." And with that, Dumbledore got up.

"Ah, Bertie Botts Every Flavor Beans!" He exclaimed happily. Picking up a box of Harry's Bertie Beans. I was most unfortunate in my youth to come across a vomit flavored one. Then, I'm afraid, I've lost my liking for them. I think it could be safe with a nice toffee." He grabbed a white looking bean, and popped it into his mouth.