chapter eleven- Gryffindor vs Slytherin

YOUR POV:

"Take a bit of toast mate, go on." Ron said, trying to encourage Harry to started eating before his first quidditch game. It was a crisp fall day in November, it was cold but not freezing. Hermione lent Harry a book called 'Quidditch Through The Ages' for Harry to read, but Snape took it away.

"Ron's right, you are going to need your strength today, Harry." I said, worried. Though I don't blame him, I do the same.

"I'm not hungry." Harry replied.

"Good luck today, Potter." Appeared Snape behind us.

"Then again now that you've proven yourself against a troll, a little game of Quidditch should be easy work for you. Even if it is against, Slytherin." He glanced at me and then Harry. We watched him walk (more like limped) away.

"That explains the blood." Harry and I said in unison.

"Blood?" Hermione asked us.

"Listen, last night I'm guessing Snape let the troll in as a diversion so he can try and get passed that three-headed dog but he got himself bitten." Harry started.

"That's explains why he's limping." I continued.

"But why would anyone go near that dog?" Hermione asked.

"To get whatever it's guarding!" I said, connecting all the pieces together. It all makes sense now.

"The day I was at Gringotts, Hagrid took something out of one of the vaults. Said it was Hogwarts business, very secret."

"So you're saying.." Hermione starting understanding.

"That's what the dogs guarding!" Ron said, finally comprehending. We all heard hoots of an owl. Harry's owl. She was carrying a type of package, shaped like a broomstick. She dropped the package into Harry's arms.

"Bit early for mail, isn't it?" Hermione asked.

"But I never get mail." Harry told us. I felt really bad, so I decided that I would send him mail of anything; treats, clothes, small boxes of pranks that Fred and George make.

Fred, George and I always found pranks hilarious, so they promised they would give me any product from Zonko's Joke Shop anytime.

"Let's open it." Ron said, excitedly. We started unwrapping the package and it revealed a broomstick.

"It's a broomstick!" Harry whispered in awe.

"That's not just a broomstick, Harry! That's a Nimbus 2000!" Ron exclaimed.

"I saw that in Diagon Alley!" I exclaimed, also thrilled.

"But who?" Harry asked looking around. I saw McGonagall petting Hedwig and winked at Harry. I saw Oliver Wood's jaw drop, in a mixture of jealousy and astonishment.

----------

It was 11 and the whole school was outside in the stands around the Quidditch pitch. Hermione, Ron and I joined Seamus, Neville and Dean in the top row to see better. Hermione, Ron, Neville, Dean, Seamus and I decided to make a huge banner that says 'Potter for President'. I asked Dean to draw a Gryffindor lion head, since he was good at drawing. I read about a charm that makes the paint change colors, so I casted it.

"Are you excited guys?" Asked Ron.

"Yeah!" Hermione and I exclaimed. We watched as the Gryffindor team soared around the sky, cheers filed the stands.

"Hello and welcome to Hogwarts first Quidditch game of the season. Today's game, Slytherin versus Gryffindor!" Jordan announced. The stands were almost shaking because of all the cheering.