Chapter 11 - The first attack

Kaisha's POV

It has been a day since Ichigo told me that Grimmjow is one of the enemies. I can’t believe it. I won’t. He’s not a bad person. Or, was he just pretending so he could get my trust and then betray me? No. He wouldn’t. I trust him. H- He probably had no choice. Yeah. That’s it. Definitely.

Sigh. As much as I convince myself, I don’t know what to believe. Ichigo told me all about him fighting Grimmjow, him almost killing Grimmjow and then Grimmjow dying by another espada, Nnoitra.

 What do I do? Do I fight him? No. I can’t. Do I help him? No. I can’t do that either. The others will think I betrayed them and they might start fighting me.

I groaned and sighed again. Then groaned. Sighed. Groaned. Sighed. Groaned.

“Can you please stop that?” I turned and saw Ichigo in the doorway of my room. I blushed and looked away. 

“Sorry” I apologised quietly. I heard Ichigo sigh.

“I know it’s hard for you. I’ll try not to kill him, but, I don’t know what’s going to happen” Ichigo said. I smiled up at him. It must be pretty hard for him as well. I feel so selfish. He’s trying to help me even though he probably wants to kill him. 

“Come on, you want to go for a walk with me?” he asked as he held out his hand. 

“Sure” I took it and he dragged me out of the comfort of my room. Once outside, he let go of my hand and we walked side by side in the cold morning. I tied my long red hair into a ponytail with a hair tie that was on my wrist. 

My clothes were the standard soul reaper uniform. The only thing that wasn’t uniform was a necklace with a red flame charm. Grimmjow bought it for me in the world of the living a few weeks after school started. He said “Your spirit is like a flame, beautiful, powerful and hard to put out”. Also, I wore five red bangles on my wrist. I got them from my zanpakuto as a present. In emergencies, I can take them off and throw it at the enemy. Fire appears on them. 

“Many soul reapers were ordered to search for the espadas after they were informed” Ichigo told me. I nodded. Hopefully they don’t find Grimmjow. I shake that thought out of my head. No, Kaisha, don’t think of the enemy. 

“You ok?” Ichigo asked me. 

“Yeah” I replied. I didn’t feel like talking. His hand slipped into mine and he intertwined our fingers.

“Maybe you should let go of him” Ichigo suggested, though it sounds like he wants me to. In my head I sighed. Part of me was angry at Ichigo and part of me was angry at Grimmjow. I was having an argument in my head, one that I didn’t want. Sometimes I feel like Ichigo is being a bit forceful. Grimmjow isn’t, but I can’t stand him being the enemy. 

I was staring at the floor as I walked. Suddenly, Ichigo stopped walking. But it was unexpected so I kept walking and he pulled on my arm. I looked up at him and glared. But he was staring off into the distance. I looked to where he was facing and squinted. Soon enough, I saw it. A speck, at first. It grew as it came closer. It was like a herd of elephants and I would have thought it was if we weren’t in the soul society. 

My eyes widened. It was crystal clear. They were hollows! A whole herd of hollows! 

“Kaisha!” Ichigo yelled. I turned my head to him just as he picked me up and carried me off. I was stunned. No guy can just pick me up like that. He carried me over to a shaded area hidden in the trees. 

“Ichig-“ I hissed but he put his finger to his lip in a ‘shoosh’ motion. 

I stayed quiet and looked around. Peeking through the trees, I saw hollow after hollow run past us. That's a lot of hollows. Where did they all come from? Soon most of the hollows were gone but a couple stayed behind. They were right in front of us. 

"Let's search around this area. Kill as many soul reapers as you can" a huge blue hollow hissed. The others then parted but I saw the huge blue hollow sniff the area suspiciously. His eyes looked everywhere and finally, they landed on us. Oh no. We're dead.

The hollow grinned. "Time to play" he whispered. Suddenly, many arms came out from his body and extended towards us. They were super fast. My eyes widened and I quickly flash stepped out of the way. I looked to the side and saw that Ichigo did the same.

"Ichigo. Can I?" I pleaded him. He nodded his head as he got what I was asking. I was asking him if I could take on this hollow.

"Hello, hello, soul reapers. Are you ready to die? The espadas were ever so kind and gave us this amazing power. Now I have more arms and fast ones too" he began laughing evilly. Enough of this. I got out my zanpakuto and lit it on fire. The hollow stopped laughing and looked at me. I grinned and jumped forward.

I counted his arms. 10. As they came at me, I jumped, flipped and dodged them. Then I saw my chance. I raised my zanpakuto and cut off two of his arms. 

"Ahhhh!" the hollow cried in pain. I smiled before leaping into action again. This time, cutting three. At the very end, he cut my arm. Damn! I did a few handsprings to put some distance between us. Five more arms. I looked more closely and saw that they moved faster. Strange. 

"Getsuga tensho!" I heard Ichigo yell and his attack hit the hollow. However, the hollow seemed to have moved spots. How did he get there so fast? I looked at Ichigo just as he looked at me. We nodded and charged forward. 

"Hono nonami!" I cried. A wave of fire came at him and he dodged it but Ichigo managed to cut two of his arms. 

"Getsuga tensho!" Ichigo cried. When the hollow dodged, you guessed it, I cut off two of his arms. Now for the final blow.

"Hono nonami!"

"Getsuga tensho!" We yelled at the same time. There was an explosion and then smoke. The smoke cleared and I saw the hollow dissapear. I smiled and sheathed my zanpakuto.

"Everyone has probably seen the hollows by now. If not, word would have spread through the seireitei" Ichigo said. I nodded.

"The hollow said that they have like, more power. What are we going to do?! This is bad! We're gonna die. We're gonna die" I started panicking. Oh my god! Thousands of hollows like that one and ten super powerful espadas. Yep, we're gonna die. 

"Kaisha. Pull yourself together. We're not gonna die" Ichigo put his hands on my shoulders. That one little touch sent sparks through my body. No, don't think of that now. 

"Thousands of hollows here. Hollows disappearing in the World of the Living. It all makes sense now. The espadas took the hollows and gave them power when they were in the world of the living. That's where they went. Now, they have created a hollow army" Ichigo told me. 

"Hollow army?!" Oh my god! Why? I'm panicking again.

"Stop panicking. We have to be serious" Ichigo gave me a serious face. He knows I can't be serious. I nodded and he let his arms drop to his sides. I forgot they were still on my shoulders. 

"I assume all the other soul reapers are fighting. Kaisha, are you going to be alright on your own?" Ichigo asked me.

I nodded slowly. "Wait, are you leaving me?" I realised why he asked. He gave me a look. I just pouted in response. Yes, I was being a baby.

"I can look after myself."

"Good. I want you to find other soul reapers if you can. It's war out there. Be careful" Ichigo said. I gave him a reassuring smile. He gave me a quick kiss on the lips and flash stepped off. I sighed and flash stepped in the other direction. Hopefully I don't run into any espadas. I hope I don't run into Grimmjow.

"Hello" a voice says behind me. My eyes widen and I quickly turn around. Standing in front of me is...

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Cliffhanger! I just love doing them! Who is it? Have a guess! Argh, homework! I hate it so much, but don't worry. I'll try to update soon. Wattpad is blocked at school so it will be harder. Reports are also coming up and there are sooo many assignments!

Please please VOTE!!! COMMENT!!! (Of course, I always say you don't have to) Thanks for reading!!! Love you all!!!