Chapter 21 - Putting a plan to action

Unohana's POV

I just finished healing Captain Kyoraku and now I moved on to healing Captain Ukitake. The war was coming to an end. I had healed, along with the rest of the 4th squad, most of the captains who had finished their fights.

Captain Zaraki won his fight against Nnoitra. Captain Kuchiki won his fight against Zommari. Captain Kurotsuchi beat Szayelaporro. Captain Hitsugaya won against Aaroniero. Captain Komamura, Renji, Shuhei and Izuru beat Yammy.

There was also an arrancar and an espada with us here. Taiyo, an arrancar who was turned recently, fought Kaisha and was escorted by some soul reapers. Apparently she surrendered. Ulquiorra, surprisingly, also surrendered. He was fighting Tsuki, one of the soul reapers in squad 6, and apparently they were best friends - if not more - in the World of the Living years and years ago.

All the visoreds except for Hachi was here. It was quite a surprise when they showed up. I just about finished healing Captain Ukitake but he would still need rest. Him and Captain Kyoraku had beaten Harribel. I turned to listen to Shinji who was explaining what everyone else had to do.

Kaisha's POV

I talked with Shinji along the way to who-knows-where, and it was nice getting to know him even though he was a bit of a flirt. We arrived at one of the squad's barracks and I saw more visoreds, and most captains and lieutenants.

"Whoa, a lot of people here" I commented.

"The more the merrier" Shinji grinned before turning serious. "I have found out what the espadas plan on doing and it's going to require a lot of us. They have put 13 bombs around the seireitei, one in each of the squad barracks. The bomb we saw earlier was a sort of introduction before all the others start" he explained.

"All the bombs are just outside the main building of each barrack and if you don't find them, you'll be able to sense its magic power. The bombs are a black sphere, like normal bombs in the World of the Living, but they don't work like them."

He paused to let the information sink in. "You have to press a button at the top and then it will open up. Then you have to destroy the blue spirit energy that's inside there. Make sure that you don't hit the bomb but the spirit energy itself."

"Okay, I'll give each of you a number and they will be the number of the squad barracks that you will be going to" everyone nodded, and for the first time, I looked to see who was here. All the visoreds except Hachi and Ichigo - 7 people, Rukia, Renji, Shuhei, Izuru, Rangiku and me. Altogether, it worked out to be 13 people.

Shinji gave everyone their numbers and I just listened as he gave me mine. "And Kaisha, you got squad 5's barracks" Shinji finished. "Any questions?" he added. He was met with complete silence.

"Is this World War II, or something?" I joked.

"No, this is Espada War II" Shinji replied and my smile fell off. "Ready everyone?" he asked, his face full of seriousness. So much for my joking moment.

Everyone nodded. "Then after we finish destroying the bombs, we meet back here. Remember that the bombs are obviously on a timer and are due to blow up in a few minutes so we have to hurry."

"No 'hands in'?" I asked. No one said anything, they just ignored me. My second attempt at a joke and it failed. Seriously though, 'hands in' is awesome, everyone does it. These people are just lame.

"Go!" Shinji ordered and our little group huddle parted their ways. Next thing I know, I'm the only one left here, apart from the people watching. I flashed a smile at Captain Unohana and the Captains that had recovered, before flash stepping off to squad 5's barracks.

I watched the fire and smoke rise from the Senzaikyu, where Ichigo and Head Captain was fighting Starrk. Far away, I spotted soul reapers and hollows fighting. Now that I think about it, the only espada I've only seen was Grimmjow. I've never seen any of the others before. I have been in the Soul Society for about a week and a bit. During that time, I met all the captains and lieutenants.

Finally, I spotted the gates to the 5th squad barracks. I passed them and made my way to the main building.

"I hope it's not going to explode soon" I said to myself. I glanced around to find no one around here but I could still here noise from the remaining battlefields, so it wasn't eerily quiet. When I'm by myself, I tend to talk to myself and I plan on doing that now.

I got a spare hair tie and tied my long red hair into a high ponytail. Why didn't I do that before? It's much easier because when you have hair that almost reaches your knees, it gets in your way. I stopped flash stepping and walked to the front of the main building.

Please don't explode, please don't explode; I repeated over and over again. Shinji never really told us how long we had before it exploded. My eyes searched the front entrance and sitting right there, like literally just sitting there, was the bomb. It was as if it was a present on someone's front door step.

"Yep, looks just like bombs in the World of the Living" I said. It was a black sphere about the size of a basketball. I searched the top of the bomb and indeed found the outline of a button. Time to be cautious. I looked around my surroundings before pressing the button.

It was like the bomb was coming to life. Slowly, it opened up to reveal a shining blue orb filled with spirit energy. Okay, all I had to do was destroy the blue energy, but not the actual black bomb, and I won't die. I mean, the Seireitei won't blow up, and I won't die. I took out my zanpakuto.

"Let's do this. Burst to life and incinerate, Kasai Dansa" I called and my zanpakuto turned into shikai mode. If I could just concentrate my spirit energy to just hit the blue energy, I could probably destroy it with fire.

I pointed my zanpakuto exactly in the middle of the blue energy and concentrated my spirit energy. It's now or never. Then a line of fire came out of my zanpakuto and hit the blue orb of energy. What happened? Wasn't something meant to happen? I saw the bomb and the blue energy move which startled me. That caused me to move my zanpakuto to the side and jump back.

There was a loud sound as I heard an explosion and then a scream. My eyes widened.

"Who's there? What happened? Did it explode? Are we dead?" I asked frantically. My head whipped all around me as I searched for the source of the scream. That's weird, I couldn't see anyone. Then I looked back at the bomb. It was lying there lopsided and the blue orb of energy was gone. Wow, I actually did it.

Then where was the explosion? I looked to the side of the bomb and saw a small crater about two metres wide. How the hell did that get there? Then I thought back.

"Ha ha ha" I started laughing like crazy. When the bomb moved, I accidentally let out some spirit energy and fire and made a crater when I moved my zanpakuto. And the scream was from... me. I know, how embarrassing.

Then realisation hit me. I did it. I destroyed the blue orb of power and now I won't die, I mean, the Seireitei won't be ruined. I sighed with relief.

"What now?" I asked myself. Wow, aren't I a great listener? Hopefully I'll see Ichigo soon. Oh, now I remember. Shinji told us to go back once we finish.

After finally remembering where we were before, I flash stepped off to the squad 8 barracks. I really hope that everyone else disabled their bomb. Then that could mean that this war, Espada War II, would be coming to an end.

———————————————————————

Yes, this story is coming to an end. Please VOTE and COMMENT!!! It's not making me very happy when I see no votes since last time. But thank you for reading (that makes me happy)!! Love you all :D