Chapter 1

Chapter 1

He came home late after a long shift at work doing almost ten hours working the Natural History Museum in the Mythological exhibit, it was a cold night like any other during the winter seasons, as he steps of the buss the wind bit him as he zipped up his jacket a bit tighter to keep the warmth in, he looked up only for his eyes to stare at a lone figure standing beneath a tree, shadowed by the giant oak, it was a clear night and the moon and stars where out, the small space of green was empty apart from the small children’s climbing frames and swings, he checked his watch it was 8:30, he walked over towards the tree and the lone figure, normally a person would be wary about someone of a night time sitting beneath a giant oak tree just staring into nothing, there pulse rate would rise and there walking pace would pick up a little but for Marcus Cobalt it was another walk in the park.

He was calm and relaxed, he had medium  greyish silver hair with black highlights mixed in that fell down until it was touching the back of his neck, he was wearing a black parker jacket, with no hood a gray zip down the front with large buttons, plain black trousers and plain black shoes with laces and black socks, he was 5 ft 10 clean shaven, his eyes where a bright navy blue, he had strong features and a strong jaw line, he carried on walking towards the lone figure beneath tree the figure said “Hello handsome back from another long shift are we”

He stopped just short of the tree with a blank cold stare, “i love when you stare like that at me” the shadowy figure seductively remarked

“i have been waiting under this tree for almost a hour or so now” the figure raised up from the shadow of the tree to step into the moon light, she was 5 ft 9 tall, her skin was pale but it seemed to shine in the moon light, she had long black hair with a short fringe, her eyes were red, her face was slender and smooth skin, she wearing a tight leather outfit that clung to every curve of her body, her thigh high boots were black matching the outfit, she was also wearing thigh gun holster with two custom made colt .45s, on her back was a katana black hilt and a silver blade, she was skinny and slender with a medium chest size, Marcus knew of her size a 34 D.

“Well what can I say Ruby Blacke I enjoy talking to people about myths and legends all day and night I get such a buzz out of it” he said sarcastically still keeping the same expression “besides I had to get off and change busses”

They both stood there face each other in the moonlight, the wind blew with such hardness that Ruby’s hair followed its direction while Marcus’s waved just ever so slightly both falling back into place like nothing happened, “are we alone?” Marcus asked raising one eyebrow

“We are at the moment but not for long” she said with a slight smile on her face

Marcus rolled his eyes and let a loud sigh he had to ask with a bit of hesitation in his voice “so where is she then?”

Ruby shrugged her shoulders and walked up to Marcus, she placed her hand on his shoulder while the other started to play with his hair by twirling it round, she started to move closer towards his cheek, she placed her red ruby lips on his cheek and kissed it, her kiss was cold, more colder then the wind itself, Marcus never flinched or even moved he showed no emotion “Ruby you keep on pressing this mater”

Ruby stared back into his eyes with both hands on each shoulder staring into his eyes, she moved closer towards him and started kissing him on the lips “What matter Marcus?”

He took her hands of his shoulders, she took a step back and crossed her arms, Marcus took out a box of cigarettes and placed one in his mouth, he fumbled in his pocket looking for a lighter Ruby already had one lit for him, he inhaled until it was lit, he could feel the warm tobacco flowing through his body, he exhaled the smoke which flowed into Ruby’s directions, she didn’t blink or even tried to wave the smoke away “you know which matter  I am referring to, today isn’t your turn”