3.

𝗘𝗮𝘀𝘁 𝗛𝗮𝗿𝗹𝗲𝗺, 𝗡𝗲𝘄 𝗬𝗼𝗿𝗸
𝗣𝗮𝗿𝗶𝘀𝗵 𝗔𝗺𝗮𝗿𝘂 𝗖𝗿𝗼𝗼𝗸𝘀

It was my first day back at school and I was already over it. I truly wanted to just go home and get some sleep in. Afeni got a ear infection so he didn't sleep at all last night, all he did was whine and cry. I ended up getting him some Benadryl so he could sleep but I still wasn't able to go to sleep because I was so worried about him.

Sometimes I just wished my mom was alive.

"Hey.." I heard, I looked up and noticed a Hispanic girl walking up to me. We were around the same height but she dressed like a black girl. She had the earrings, the baggy pants and a half black shirt with a big jacket. She dressed like me.

"Wassup.." I said lowly looking at her. Nobody don't ever talk to me so I wonder what she wants.

"Your Parish, right?" She asked as we walked down the hallway.

"Yeah.."

"Oh, I'm Laila. Nice to meet you.." She said with a smile.

"Fasho.." I replied. "What's the word?"

"I noticed you ain't have no friends so since Ion got no friends and you ain't got none either, I was thinkin we could be friends.." She said, I eyed her suspisciously.

"Youn even know me.." I said.

"Ok? We can get to know each other.." She said waving her hand around. "You mad pretty, I'm mad pretty. Why not?" She asked, I chuckled.

I shook my head and started making my way upstairs as she followed me. Ion know why she wanna be my friend so bad, she mad wocky but I need friends so, why not?

"And don't think I'm wocky cause I ain't.." She said shaking her head.

"Ight.." I said with a shrug. I had no words.

"What class you finna go to?" She asked as I walked through the double doors on thr second level. I didn't feel like going to class but I promised Ms.Mosebly I would get my grades up.

"I got History.." I said rolling my eyes.

"Aw Ms. Smith don't let nobody skip.."

I wasn't skipping anyway.

"Yeah, I gotta go though.." I said walking up to the class.

"Give me your number so we can text while you in class.." She said, I shook my head.

"I don't got no phone.." I said standing by the door, she smacked her lips.

"Ok well, meet me at the lunch room after class!" She said before running off, I rolled my eyes and walked into Ms.Smith class. It was packed in all of my classes, especially this one. Then on top of that, this class was always loud and sometimes fights break out in here so I always sit to the back.

"I ain't down with being innis class no mo Ms.Smith.." JJ said as Ms.Smith sat at the front looking at papers, I guess she was grading.

"Why not JJ?" She asked looking up from the paper before looking around the class. Her eyes landed on me and she called me over with her finger, I huffed already knowing what she wanted. She was a lot like Ms.Mosebly when it came to my education. I didn't know whether to be thankful or agitated.