5.

𝗘𝗮𝘀𝘁 𝗛𝗮𝗿𝗹𝗲𝗺, 𝗡𝗲𝘄 𝗬𝗼𝗿𝗸
𝗣𝗮𝗿𝗶𝘀𝗵 𝗔𝗺𝗮𝗿𝘂 𝗖𝗿𝗼𝗼𝗸𝘀

"Play Cwip Ma!" Afeni yelled as I got dressed. I was trying to hurry up and get dressed for school because he was already dressed.

"No, go get your bookbag Afeni.." I said pulling my jeans up before throwing my shoes on. I quickly grabbed my deodorant and put it on noticing I was running low.

After I got dressed, I grabbed my bookbag and I put my coat on. I walked downstairs to see that Afeni was sitting on the floor eating a pop tart with his coat on. I walked over to him and zippered his jacket up before helping him out.

"Come on Feni, we're running late.." I said grabbing my phone off the charger and throwing it into my pocket. We walked out the house and I locked the door before grabbing his hand and hurrying up on the main street so I can catch the bus.

"My shoe!" He yelled, I looked down and sighed. I leaned down and started tying his shoes. "This one too.." He said putting his other foot in my face.

I tied his other shoe and started trying to make my way to the bus but it had already pulled off. "Ughhh.." I groaned out touching my forehead.

"Where we go now Ma?" He asked looking up at me.

"We're gonna catch the train.." I said fixing his hood on his head. It was raining outside and the streets of New York were so busy. I just wanted to get him to daycare so I can get to school, I needed to turn this packet in if I wanted my grades to come up.

If my grades didn't come up this semester, I would have to stay back in the 11th grade and I didn't want to do that. That'll be even more embarrassing than my smell.

"I don't wan walk Ma.." He groaned as we walked down the street towards the train station.

It was a few blocks away from the bus stop and he just gonna have to get over it. I couldn't believe I missed the bus, I just knew I wouldn't get to school until 1. I probably won't get there at all.

"Ma, my foot hurt.." He said looking up at me.

"Where your feet hurt Afeni?" I asked grabbing his hand so we can cross the street. People in New York drive crazy as hell so I always made him hold my hand whenever we walked across the street.

I never had a issue with Afeni running off because he didn't like people and didn't know anybody but me and the people at his daycare. He just met Moe and Laila, just like me.

"At hea.." He said pointing at the front of his shoes, I sighed knowing exactly what that meant. His shoes were too small and he needed new ones, How was he going to get them? I don't know but what I do know is I'm going to have to figure it out, and I'm going to have to figure it out fast.

"Yo!" I heard, I looked over and Moe was standing across the street, I sighed as Afeni squealed.

"Let's go to Niggi!" He yelled, I shook my head.

"No, we have to go to school.." I said.

"NIGGEEEEEE!!" He dragged with his voice raised. "NIGGEEEEEEEE! COME!" He yelled again.