10.

𝗘𝗮𝘀𝘁 𝗛𝗮𝗿𝗹𝗲𝗺, 𝗡𝗲𝘄 𝗬𝗼𝗿𝗸
𝗣𝗮𝗿𝗶𝘀𝗵 𝗔𝗺𝗮𝗿𝘂 𝗖𝗿𝗼𝗼𝗸𝘀

𝗘𝗮𝘀𝘁 𝗛𝗮𝗿𝗹𝗲𝗺, 𝗡𝗲𝘄 𝗬𝗼𝗿𝗸𝗣𝗮𝗿𝗶𝘀𝗵 𝗔𝗺𝗮𝗿𝘂 𝗖𝗿𝗼𝗼𝗸𝘀

"I'a take Afeni to daycare. You go to school.." Mahleek said as I packed Afeni's bookbag for the day. I rolled my eyes and continued packing the bag.

It's been awkward since the little kiss. The only time we talk is when it's about Afeni or food. I don't know, it's weird for me to be completely honest.

Like, half of me liked it but the half of me was just like what the fuck is going on. Did this boy really just kiss me? 😧 I was shocked to be honest.

"Yo, ya phone going off.." I heard, I looked at the table and noticed I had a bunch of text messages. I grabbed it and noticed that they were from my dad.

Dad
Why you ain't been going to school?

Dad
You tryna sabotage shit cause I ain't sending you no money? That ain't how you get my attention.

Dad
They talking about taking you and shit. They were getting truancy involved but I let them know that you just had a death in your family and we just getting done with the funeral arrangements and shit.

Dad
Go the fuck to school before they put y'all ass in the system. Go TODAY!

I frowned my face up at the texts. I know he ain't checking me about going to school. He has no control over what I do, at all. He has the NERVE to try to check me about what I've been doing.

"Yo, go to the back right fast.." I heard, I frowned.

"Why?" I asked.

"Just go.." Mahleek said, I sighed and walked off towards the back of the apartment. I went into his room and sat down on the bed and looked around the room. It was clean and grey.

He had a small hamper by the bathroom door and a picture on his dresser. I grabbed it and quickly noticed it was his mother, and lord was she beautiful.

She was darkskin with curly hair in the picture. She had big brown lips and wore a red shirt and a pair of cargo pants. She had a birth mark on her right cheek and a slender nose.

"What's wrong witchu now?" I heard, I quickly put the photo down and turned around. I didn't want him to think I was snooping through his shit.

"Nothing.." I said with a shrug.

"Just tell me so we can get this over with.." He said waving his hand around, I rolled my eyes.

"It's nothing.." I said simply.

"How I'm suppose to help you if youn tell me what the issue is?" He asked, I shrugged. "Exactly.."

"My dad just texted me and told me to go to school because if not Truancy will be looking for me and if they find me I could get put into the system.."