7.

𝗘𝗮𝘀𝘁 𝗛𝗮𝗿𝗹𝗲𝗺, 𝗡𝗲𝘄 𝗬𝗼𝗿𝗸
𝗣𝗮𝗿𝗶𝘀𝗵 𝗔𝗺𝗮𝗿𝘂 𝗖𝗿𝗼𝗼𝗸𝘀

Staying with Moe isn't the worst thing I ever been through in my life. It's actually pretty cool. Afeni likes it, of course. Moe let's him do whatever he wants, whenever he wants. He lets him play his game, ride trucks through the hallways, and throw basketballs in here.

I don't think I'll ever be able to understand why he's so nice to us but it's something I don't think I can understand. Like I'm not used to asking anyone for anything and I'm not used to people doing anything for us.

Me and Afeni had to make it on our own all this time. So when people offer us stuff and offer to do things for us, it shocks me every-time.

"Yo.." I heard, I looked up from my packet and there stood Moe who was standing behind the counter with a wife-beater on. His tattoos were displayed on his shoulders and arms. His dark skin was smooth he had his hair out and into a ponytail, he had a good grain of her too.

Not curly. Not tangled. Just healthy.

"You hungry?" He asked eyeing me, I nodded quickly.

Fuck hungry, I actually was starving but just didn't want to say nothing. I didn't wanna seem like a fat greedy bitch but I was hungry as hell, I needed something to eat.

"Why you ain't say nothing?"

I shrugged but stayed silent causing him to smack his lips in aggravation. Ahhhhhh, You mad doggy?

"Yo you gon have ta talk around me cause I don't read minds. If you hungry or need something open yo mouth..." He said, I pushed my lips to the side.

"I just don't wanna be a burden.." I said.

"If I told you ask then ask. You open your mouth when you gotta problem  but can't tell me when you hungry? Fuck outta hea.." He said, I rolled my eyes.

Forget the be nice to me part. He only nice to Afeni.

"YO! FUCK OUTTA HEEEE!" Afeni yelled running down the hallway with a smile. "Truck Niggee!"

"Go get it.." He replied. "You hungry?" He asked.

"Duh Niggee, we no eat all time.." Afeni replied, I shook my head and went back to my work. I have no time to be entertaining this embarrassing ass shit today, no time at all.

"Youn be feeding him?" Moe asked.

"I do." I said as I wrote down some notes.

"So what he mean he don't be eating all the time?"

Nigga we are POOR! I take care of him the best way I can! HE EATS!

"He meant all day. I take care of him better than I take care of myself, he eats. It's not always what he wants but he eats.." I repeated before turning the page of my History textbook.

"So like where your family and shit at? Why y'all living all fucked up?"

I'm doing homework, right? If I'm not mistaken, I'm doing homework.