6.

𝗘𝗮𝘀𝘁 𝗛𝗮𝗿𝗹𝗲𝗺, 𝗡𝗲𝘄 𝗬𝗼𝗿𝗸
𝗣𝗮𝗿𝗶𝘀𝗵 𝗔𝗺𝗮𝗿𝘂 𝗖𝗿𝗼𝗼𝗸𝘀

It had been three months and I haven't heard from my father at all. I've been calling  and texting him but haven't gotten through not ONCE. Me and Afeni had ran out of money and our water and lights were OFF.

We were down to candles and water bottles. I stole some hand sanitizer from the school for whenever we needed to wash our hands but we were literally in the deep parts of POVERTY right now.

I haven't heard from Moe either. I've seen him around but he's kicking it with some girl so we don't talk as much we actually not at all.

I tried to find somebody to buy the Moncler coats off of us but nobody wanted to get them because Afeni had a smell in his and so did I.

I tried to wash it out but we have no detergent and we literally have 2 more days to pay the gas bill or we will be sleeping in a cold house. I just hate the conditions that Afeni and I have to grow up in but I know things will get better once I graduate.

Or turn 18. Whichever comes first.

"Ms.Mosebly.." I said walking into her office and sitting down in the seat. Today I had a smell so that meant I wasn't going to be doing all of that moving and stuff, I didn't wanna flaunt it around.

"What's going on Parish?" She asked with a frown.

"I-I dont usually ask anyone for anything but do you think you can give me some cash so I can feed my brother tonight?" I asked. School was practically over but I needed to get this money so I hoped she gave it to me.

"Yeah, here.." She said grabbing her purse. She went into her wallet and pulled out some cash and handed it to me. "That's all I have on me today. Is everything alright?"

"It's going to be.." I said with a nod. "Thank you.."

"Anytime. Are you sure that you're ok?" She asked, I nodded and stuffed the money into my pocket because I had to hurry and go get Afeni from daycare.

"I would stay but I really have to go. Thank you for everything Ms.Mosebly.." I replied, she nodded as I stood up. Before she could reply, I ran out of there and started running towards the bus stop because I needed to catch this bus or I would be running to the train station.

As I ran, I couldn't help but to cry. Tears flew down my face as I ran past people on the street and quickly up to the bus. I hopped on before the bus driver could even close the door and showed my bus pass that the school gave out.

I walked to the back and put my hood on so nobody could see how much I was crying. And I was crying a bunch because of how tired I was. I just couldn't understand why my life was like this.

I literally did nothing wrong. I'm a whole kid and my father is treating me like I asked for this. Like I did something to him or something and I aint did shit but be his daughter. This shit is sickening. I don't even have water at home! I don't even have lights! I don't got shit. We barely even got food.

I don't know what I'm going to do. Nobody will buy our coats because of the smell they have in them because we haven't taken a good bath in so long. I would sell my phone but I don't even know how to pay bills! My father has all the information for that.