Information

It was in the afternoon of October 2, when I heard any more news on the hostage situation. I was meeting with an informant today. My friend said she was good. Good enough to get him the occasional spoiler on the series. I was intrigued and called her up. She responded right away and said she would meet me for lunch. Somewhere inconspicuous, somewhere so bland that no one would ever think to look there. So I suggested my apartment. She agreed, on the condition that this was purely professional. I, understanding the gravity of the hostage situation, wholeheartedly accepted her terms. Especially since this is the last place I would take any date.

She knocked on the door a little bit before 11 a.m and when I opened the door she walked inside rather quickly.

"Well you clearly have no regard for your safety," I said shutting the door.

"You have a full suit of Mandalorian armor in your apartment, and framed Star Wars action figures. If you were a threat you would not be a very strong one."

I probably looked embarrassed as I muttered, "geeks can be dangerous."

"And I'm the pope," she said nonchalantly looking at my dioramas of star wars action figures. I sighed in despair, even if I had wanted a shot with her I had blown it now.

"Well on to business," I paused facing her, "What information do you bring me?" I asked.

She looked slightly surprised at my newfound authoritative tone, but still replied in her casual manner, "Yes, it seems that THE directors will be handing over the ransom, which has increased to 70 million as of this morning."

"What?" I said, not losing my cool.

"That's what you get for letting amateurs negotiate. But if this man has managed to get past many security guards, cameras, and alarms without being detected I bet that he will not be caught."

"I doubt the child will be returned as well. He is already a cold dedicated man, he is going to milk this for what it's worth."

"I agree, something must be done about this."

*KNOCK KNOCK* both of our heads snapped to the door and we jumped up quickly. She moved back behind my wall, so as to not be seen, and I walked to the door. I peeped out the spyhole on my door and it was Mrs. Barry.

I opened the door slightly surprised, "Mrs. Barry!" I said surprised, "How nice to see you."

"I know it was your 37th birthday a little while ago so I brought you some lasagna and garlic bread," she held up her dish a little bit to show me. "It is very hot so I brought some potholders for you to set it on.

"I thank you Mrs. Barry but I-" I started, attempting to take the lasagna.

"Please, I told you to call me Janet. And this is really hot so let me at least set it on your counter."

I sighed and opened the door, much to my other female guest's dismay. Mrs. Barry walked into the house and set down her lasagna and started chatting about the garlic bread. Meanwhile, I was having a silent conversation with my informant about what to do.

"...And then you will be all set to make garlic bread," she paused, sensing the eerie silence, and turned around. "Oh excuse me! I didn't realize you had a guest over. I'm sorry," she said apologizing to my informant, "If I had known you had a guest I would have just handed it to you. Well, I'll be out of your hair."

"It's okay Mrs. Barry," I said, showing her to the door.

"I would share some of the lasagna with her. It's always a crowd favorite," she said, "Anywho, have fun on your date." she called as I shut the door.

The informant started to laugh and I couldn't help but chuckle at the amount of stress in that whole encounter. "Um..." I said still laughing, "would you like some lasagna while we figure out what to do?"

"Sure," she said, laughing some more.