22

I woke up bright and early, thanks to forgetting to actually sleep in the futon.  Instead, I fell asleep at the table, while trying out my new powers one at a time.

As far as I could tell, nearly all of my powers had gotten an upgrade, except skill based ones or ones that I already had maxed out.  

'Ow,' my tooth hurt when I clenched my jaw, I made miso soup for breakfast to avoid hurting it more.  I'll get a dentist appointment later.

Flipping up to the roof of my apartment, I relaxed and leaned back on the tiles to feel the warm morning sun.  I stayed for a few minutes before getting up and jumping down to go to the training grounds.

"Ohayo, Kakashi-sensei."

He nodded in greeting before going back to reading his book.

My other two teammates came a few minutes later, Naruto was with his mother, struggling as she dragged him, two bald spots on each side of his head.  Sasuke was with both his parents, walking seriously and quietly between them.  I bowed slightly to them, and both boys were made to stand by me.

The parents went to talk to Kakashi-sensei while we stayed where we were.  Sasuke nudge Naruto, "Oi, where is your dad?"

"He's busy dealing with Hokage stuff."

I raised an eyebrow, "Didn't he pass that title to the old guy?"

"Didn't want it, gave it back to him while we were away."

I scoffed, "Sounds pretty irresponsible."

"I didn't want to come heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeere," he said flopping on the ground.

"Dobe, get up," said Sasuke, nudging him with his foot.

"What are they talking about?" I asked.

"They're complaining about how no one checked the mission.  Plus they're mad because Kakashi-sensei kept going even after he knew it was dangerous," explained Sasuke, "They said we might have made enemies too, since we took down a network of people."

"Untrue!  Hikari did most of it, and he destroyed the bridge too!"

Sasuke rolled his eyes, "Without Hikari, we would probably be dead, or worse.  He rebuilt the bridge with extra functions too, so there's no problem.  My parents did say they want to help him control his powers though."

"I'm fine," I said, "A friend gave me something to help stabilize them, which is how I fixed the bridge without destroying half the island."

"Still, You got to admit, you're scary when that happens."

"I know."

We awkwardly watched the adults talk, sometimes Naruto's mother got a bit more expressive, even grabbing Kakashi-sensei by the collar at some point and furiously pointed to me.  I wanted to disappear when she shrieked, "KEEP YOUR STUDENTS UNDER CONTROL CACAS***!!!!  THAT BOY ALMOST GOT MY SON KILLED!!!"

"Oi Hikari, wanna stop by your sister's job later?" asked Naruto.

"Tsunade put her on mandatory leave.  Something about overwork."

"Is everyone in your family a workaholic?" sweatdropped Sasuke.

"Tell that to both your dads."

"They have important jobs, so they have an excuse, dattebayo."

I rolled my eyes, "Sure."

"Like you would know!  Did your dad even have a job?"  asked Naruto.

"Obviously he did, and he still had time to at least go to important things like this," I said, glaring at him.

"His dad is in charge of every single ninja in this town!" exclaimed Sasuke.

"Only the single ones?"  I asked.

I could hear Naruto spit out his drink behind me, "Don't say stuff like that when I'm drinking!"

I bended the drink (it looks like juice maybe?) off of him, "Gross.  Why do you want to see my sister anyway?"

"Well, she's kind of cute..." said Naruto.

I scrunched my nose, 'Ew.'

'Aw, how cute.  Narutomaki wants to be your boyfriend.'

"She's more fun to be around than you, that's for sure," finished Sasuke.

"You guys met her once, I don't think that's enough time to figure out if she's fun or not.  Besides, she's going to be like those other girls you're used to."

"What other girls?"  asked Naruto.

I fixed my stance, bringing my knees closer together and toes pointing slightly inwards.  I jutted my hip out to the side and brought my hands up to my face, one twirling my hair, the other curled against my cheek in an attempt to look 'flirty', whatever that is, "Sasuke-kun, Naruto-kun, will you be my boyfriend?  Marry me!  Look, I'm soooo pretty!  I have and a whole bottle of eyelash stuff on my eyelashes!"

Naruto had collapsed to the ground at my imitation, shaking with laughter.  On the other hand, Sasuke frowned, "Girls don't act like that, and the eyelash stuff is mascara."

"How do you know that?" asked Naruto, recovering from his fit, "Gaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay."

Sasuke's face visibly pinkened, "Shut up," he said, glaring at the ground."

Naruto's eyes widened, "So you are gay!  Tell me!  Who is it?  Shikamaru?  Choji?"

"Shut up!" repeated Sasuke.

"Is it maybe me?"

Sasuke paled, "Don't even joke about that, Dobe.

"What about Hikari?  He looks girly, and you got to admit, he is pretty cute too."

His face went completely red, "No!"

"What's wrong with being gay, Sa-su-ke~?"  I asked, smirking, "Y'know, Deidara-senpai's gay too."

"Exactly!"

I raised an eyebrow, "So, you don't want to be gay not because you hate gay, but because you hate Deidara-senpai?"

"Obviously!"

"What if I told you I like guys?"  I asked getting into his personal space.

A tic mark appeared on his head, oops.  He shoved my face away and I would have fallen if my legs were normal human strength.

"Oi, what if I said I was dating Hikari?"  snickered Naruto.

The conversation quickly transitioned to friendly banter until I felt a tap on my shoulder.  I looked up to see Uchiha Mikoto, Sasuke's mother.

"Hikari-kun, right?"

"Yeah, that's me."

"Well, my husband would like to help you with your training.  Of course, your sensei has allowed it, with your permission."

"Ah, thanks, Uchiha-san.  Are you sure that you have the experience to train me though?"

She smiled gently, "The Uchiha clan is big and we've trained a lot of people outside of our clan too.  I'm sure that we would know a few tricks to keep your powers stable."

"Thanks, Uchiha-san."

She walked back to where the other adults were to keep the meeting going, and I turned back to the others.

"Uchiha-san?" asked Sasuke, "You never call me anything like that."

"One, half of what this group calls each other are insults.  Two, she's an adult so I have to be polite.  Three, I don't respect you."

"And what will make you respect me?"

I glared at him, "You want my respect?  You better earn it."

We stayed glaring until Naruto broke the silence, "You guys are idiots."

--------------------------------------

AN- I think I stopped watching at about the Chunin exams, but I'll go off of what I know.  I think I might have made all of the characters OOC though.  I decided Deidara would be gay for absolutely no reason other than there's a possibility of Sasuke hating him (which honestly could have been anybody).