Chapter Eighteen

My August holiday finally began and it was so much fun. I wish I had the ability to say that without being sarcastic. My aunt still hadn't forgiven me for being rude to her the night I took Simon to the hospital or the three weeks that followed where I stayed by his side. Simon was okay now and going about his job adhering to the doctors instructions to the letter. My aunt could be mad at me for life as long as Simon was okay. Deep down she was afraid that I was growing a spine for once. I had stood up to her and it scared her. I didn't want to question her authority but if needed be I'd do it again. I'd behave and respect her because she was family but that's all she would ever get from me since I had no one else.

It was actually her birthday and I had been up since before dawn preparing everything. The diner was closed that day since she was having her party there. I had made the food, drinks, snacks, baked the cake, made the fruit juice from scratch with no juicer and decorated the whole diner. She was turning forty five, or so she said and had invited everyone she deemed worthy. I wasn't invited which I was very happy about. I didn't want to spend more time than necessary trying to pretend that I cared about her or her fake friends.

I'd never celebrated my birthday since I didn't know when it was so how could I celebrate it. I only knew my age from the school records that said I was admitted when I was three and I had done the math. I honestly didn't care for my birthday, why bother over something I could never celebrate anyway. I didn't have any friends or family besides my aunt. Even though I had Simon, he didn't know my birthday either and William was too far away to have any impact.

My aunt walked into the diner and looked around impressed. She was dressed a little too provocatively with her breasts pouring out of her tight red dress. Her heels looked like they were crumbling under her heavy build and her make up was too heavy. Her wig looked expensive and it was honestly the only presentable thing about her.

"How do I look?"She asked twirling around.

"Exquisite."I lied through my teeth but I needed to save my ass. I was at her mercy and needed to behave.

"Just what I was going for. You didn't do too bad here. Fix yourself a plate and leave."She demanded her eyes still roaming over everything.

That was as much of a thank you as I'd get from her but it was okay.

I quickly piled my plate with food and made my way upstairs. I let myself into the apartment and sat cross legged on the floor being as it was more comfortable than the sofa. There was a huge flat screen TV but I wasn't allowed to watch it. I was rarely free to do anything anyway so I didn't have much leisure time or hobbies.

Since my aunt was going to be at her party for a while, I decided to call William. The call rang for a while and I thought he wasn't going to pick up but he did at the last second. His face filled the screen and I realized I had woken him. Instead of apologizing I started giggling because of how confused and cute he looked. His hair was in spikes, eyes half closed and his face was a little red.

Good morning William. I'm sorry for waking you.

Morning Angel and feel free to wake me up anytime. You look beautiful.

Umh.... Thanks I guess.

I blushed and watched him sit up on the bed rubbing his eyes and I couldn't resist admiring him. He was so handsome and all mine. He leaned back on the bed frame so I could see him better.

Wait, why are you calling me so early and chipper?

I can hang up if you want to continue sleeping.

Don't put words in my mouth and you know I love talking to you.

Well lucky for you it's my aunt's birthday so we can talk for a while.

Looks like my day just started on the right note.

What do you plan on doing today?

Hang out with my friends, more Tiktok videos though I'm not into that so much and of course the best part, talk to my girl.

Well your girl will be working after the party plus the whole August holiday too but we'll find a way.

It sucks that you live so far away. If you were here we'd spend all summer together before I leave for college. I'd take you on a date preferably a picnic by the lake since its nice out. You'd meet my friends and parents.

You'd introduce me to your parents?

Of course. Why wouldn't I?

Nothing nevermind, go on.....

Why what's the point if I can't get to do any of it anyway?

William you knew what you were getting into when you decided to be my boyfriend.

I know but it's still sucks not being to do all this with you.

It is terrible having a boyfriend you will never see.

Who said never?

My aunt did the day she adopted me.

I've never met her but I hate her already.

Don't hate.

Fine, strongly dislike.

Better.

I just wish you were here....

Me too but I'll live through you so make sure to have the best summer ever.

Will do Angel.

William?...

Mhh?

I love you.

I love you too darling.

🍈🍈🍈🍈🍈🍈🍈🍈🍈🍈🍈🍈🍈🍈

Thought I'd try something new. What fruit is that anyway? Looks sour...