Bonus Chapter Two

It's a little late but I had lots going on but still here is a bonus chapter as requested by a few of my readers. It's especially dedicated to PenelopeLancaster and  ArshpreetKaur036 who specifically asked for this. Sorry for the delay but I made sure to deliver.

🎓🎓🎓🎓🎓🎓🎓🎓🎓🎓🎓🎓🎓🎓

I looked at my freshly painted nails courtesy of Natalia and resisted the urge to start chipping it off or worse, chew off the manicured ends. I couldn't help feeling nervous and excited at the same time. It was graduation day and I was finally made it top off my class after four long hard years of studying my ass off to prove that I deserved a spot up there with the rest of them. My first year had been hard since I had to acclimate with a whole different form of learning from what I was used to but with Williams help and the support of all my friends I'd done it.

William and all our friends had been a year ahead of me so they had already graduated, all except for Natalia. She had taken a year off when she got pregnant. She and Harry had been scared at first but they had quickly adapted and were now parents to a handsome baby boy name Taylor. He was turning one year old soon and was growing up so fast. Besides Taylor being born nothing much had happened.

William and I were still going on strong planning our future together. A future that had just gotten much much scarier after the discovery I'd made that morning. I lay my hand over my stomach and my nerves grew all the more. I was only twenty one and had not lived half the life I had dreamed of myself. William had just began his company with Harry and Louis. It was not even off the ground yet. How could I tell him the news? It would ruin everything.

"Hey."Natalia called out softly reaching for my arm and I turned to her "Are you okay?" She asked looking at me concerned.

"Yeah I'm just a little nervous."I replied trying to muster the most genuine smile that I could afford.

"I know what you mean but this is going to be great. I'm so proud of us for actually making it this far. Me being a mom and you being so relentless to make it in America even with the difference in education systems as compared to Kenya."She continued and I maintained my smile nodding politely.

I was only half listening and really wished she would stop so I could wallow in my thoughts. Don't get me wrong, I loved Natalia but she couldn't possibly understand what was going on in my head. I was thankfully saved from anymore talk when the speeches ended and they started calling out the names.

Natalia exclaimed excitedly when they got to her name. She got up from her seat and walked confidently to the podium. I really was proud of her so I clapped heartily and made sure to hoot loudly. Even if I was lost in my own problems, I could still be happy for my friend.

My name was called out and I got up nervously feeling as if everyone was looking at me. They definitely were and I wished that they weren't. I tried to be as confident as I could and prayed to God not to allow me slip on the stairs and make a fool out of myself. I'd begged Natalia to let me wear sneakers but she'd shoved heels into my hands with a glare demanding I not mess up the look she'd created for me. The navy blue dress I was wearing under my gown was a little too short for my taste but I had to admit it really did make me look good.

I put on a smile when I got to the stage shook a few hands, posed for a photo and finally took a deep breath happy that it was all over. People clapped for me but they were only being polite, I didn't know most of them anyway, even the ones I'd shared classes with. I knew William and the rest of our family were somewhere in the crowd but there were so many people I couldn't make them out. I found my way back to my seat and waited for the ceremony to end. Forty five excruciating minutes and a lot of clapping later it finally did.