Turtlejou Fluff Oneshot

(Dedicated to nasmar123 because he/she/they mentioned a Turtlejou/Moonbli story idea.  Takes place before animus magic was "destroyed", so that Anemone's love spell can work properly.  Also, credit to the artist ^)

Ugh, it's been weeks now, and I'm still not sure how I feel about Turtle, Kinkajou thought, as she watched her SeaWing friend taking notes in math class.  Ever since Anemone had cast a love spell on her, the young RainWing had been unsure whether she truly had a crush on Turtle or not.  She knew he liked her -- and honestly, she wanted to like him too -- but the spell had made her doubt the relationship. 

As the teacher, Bullfrog, finished talking, Kinkajou realized that she hadn't taken notes.  Three moons, I'm gonna fail on the test tomorrow! All because of my thoughts about-- Suddenly, an idea occured to her.  "Turtle!" the RainWing hissed, nudging her friend.

The emerald green SeaWing turned towards her, and Kinkajou tried to tamp down the thrill of delight.  Ugh, stupid love spell! Or is it? ARGH I HATE ANEMONE!! Regaining her composure, Kinkajou said out loud, "Can you tell me what Mr. Bullfrog was saying? I kinda lost track."

"Oh, that's alright," Turtle replied.  "He was explaining how to multiply and divide fractions." Turtle then quickly explained the rules to Kinkajou, who wrote them down.  "Thanks, Turtle," the small RainWing replied to her friend, who smiled.  "No problem."

As they exited class, the two met up with Qibli, Winter, and Moon, who had just exited the English cave.  Qibli and Winter were arguing -- surprise surprise -- over which one of them Moon liked better. 

"I'm POSITIVE that Moon likes ME better," Winter said.

"Nah.  Who could resist my charm, my wit, my... my..." Qibli started.

"Idiocy?" Winter supplied.

"I know who you are," Qibli returned the insult smoothly.

"Wha-- oh.  That doesn't even make sense!" Winter snapped.

"Guys! It doesn't really matter," Moon interrupted.  "This isn't book 10 yet -- it's in between books 9 and 10."

"But... shouldn't I be in Darkstalker's prison?" Turtle asked.

"Where IS that NightWing?" Qibli asked, looking up as if expecting him to crash through the roof and stomp on them.

"IT DOESN'T REALLY MATTER," Moon said, her patience clearly wearing thin.  "The author didn't really think this through."

Ahem, AFTER the Jade Winglet STOPPED BREAKING THE FOURTH WALL *tapes fourth wall back together*

"Soo... does anyone have any after-school plans?" Qibli asked, outside.

"I've got some really important homosapien examination to do, so yes," Winter spoke up.

"Uhhh... you mean you're gonna study gays?" Qibli asked.

"I'm gay," Umber said randomly.

"No, not homosexual! HomoSAPIENS-- ugh, you know what? I'm just... I'm outta here," Winter said, flying off.

"Oookay," Qibli circled his claw around his ear, indicating that Winter was crazy.  "How bout you guys?" he asked Moon, Turtle, and Kinkajou.

"Well, I'm free," Moon said.

"Really?" Qibli replied, sounding delighted.  "Would you like to, um... maybe... do something with me?"

"Sure!" Moon replied, smiling at the offer.  "How about we find the nearest library, and read every book in it!"