Glorybringer Story: Part 3

As soon as Deathbringer flew out of the hut, he didn't go straight to the healers' den.  He curved instead downward, towards the rainforest floor.  Following a small stream, he reached a clearing.  "Pom? You here?" he asked.

A small purple and orange dragonet poked her head out from a hollow in the roots of a tree.  "Yes, Deathy?" she asked in a small voice.  "It's Deathbringer, Pomegranate.  Ready to resume training?" he asked.  "Yeah!" Pomegranate cheered.  She immediately grabbed Deathbringer's pouch of silver discs and held a few up.  "Great.  Now, try to hit me with them.  I will fight back, however," he warned. 

Pomegranate aimed and threw two of the discs straight at him.  Deathbringer was impressed--Her aim's getting better!-- but he rolled to the right, dodging them both.  A small tinge of orange flared up in Pom's claws, but the dragonet took aim again and threw two more discs at him.  Deathbringer dodged again, but one of the discs embedded itself in his shoulder.  He fell to the ground, half being dramatic, although HOLY MOTHER OF LAVA, IT HURT. 

"Deathy!" Pomegranate cried, pale green and dark purple clashing in her scales.  She rushed over, whimpering.  "Is you okay, Deathy?" Deathbringer opened his eyes.  "For the last time, stop calling me Deathy," he said, slight annoyance creeping into his voice.  He didn't want the dragonet to grow too attached to him, in case something happened to him like with... Quickstrike.  He sighed, remembering his mother's stern ways of teaching him.  And now I have an apprentice of my own, one even Glory doesn't know about. 

As he'd been reminiscing, Pomegranate had curled up next to him.  Deathbringer sighed, realizing he'd been too hard on the dragonet.  He sat up and hugged her gently.  She smiled and leaned into him, and for a moment, Deathbringer was reminded of Glory.  "Deathbringer?" Pom asked, her purple scales turning blue.  "Yes?" Deathbringer replied.  "When can I go and meet the other RainWings and Queen Glory?"

Deathbringer had found Pomegranate's egg abandoned in the rainforest while scouting for any assassins wanting to kill Glory.  Seeing the potential in a RainWing assassin, he decided to train the dragonet inside, using all his knowledge.  He only had one major rule for the dragonet, and that was to NEVER go near the RainWing village--not because the dragons were harmful, but because he didn't want Glory to find out he'd been training a dragonet to kill others. 

So he hesitated with his next response to the curious dragonet.  "Well... you will soon," he said vaguely.  Red flared up in her ruff as Pom continued.  "But, Deathbringer! I wanna go NOW!!" "You will, when I think you're ready," he consoled the dragonet, putting enough finality in his voice to indicate the end of the conversation.  Pom sat back with a pout, and Deathbringer added, "Now go back inside.  We're done for today." He waited until the dragonet was safely tucked into her hollow before flying away.

BOOM.  Deathbringer's big secret is revealed! He's been training a RainWing dragonet as an assassin, and honestly I don't blame him: chakrams, camouflage, AND magical death spit? Sounds pretty OP.

~Autumnleaf