Glorybringer Story: Part 4

Deathbringer headed straight for the healer's den after his practice fight with Pomegranate.  He let the RainWing healers bandage his shoulder, knowing that Glory would be suspicious if she saw the cut.  She could be suspicious anyway, though.  Better think up an excuse on the way back.  Ran into a tree? Encountered a panther? No... Deathbringer thanked the RainWings and returned to the hut, surprised to find Glory asleep.  He smiled, glad to not have to make up a lie, but also glad to be alone with her.  Deathbringer hopped into the hammock beside Glory, careful not to wake her up, and closed his eyes. 

At around midnight, the sound of claws on the wooden floor woke Deathbringer.  He pricked his ears up, but kept his eyes closed, not wanting to startle the dragon--An assassin, maybe? If so, this should be easy.  He waited until he heard talonsteps come closer... and closer...

Suddenly, he lunged upward, startling the dragon.  She fell back with a yelp, her scales turning lime green.  So it's a RainWing! Wait, could it be... Deathbringer pinned the dragon down, waiting for her to calm down.  "Deathbringer... don't hurt me," the dragonet whimpered.  "Of course not, Pom.  What in the moons are you doing?" Deathbringer asked.

"I might ask you the same thing," Glory replied sharply from behind him.  Deathbringer turned, trying his hardest not to look guilty.  He must've failed, because Glory continued, "How do you know this dragonet?" "She... well..." Deathbringer sighed.  "Alright, she's my... my apprentice.  I was training her to be an assassin." "Without my permission? Did you steal a RainWing egg from the hatchery? Whose?" Glory demanded.  "I didn't get her from the hatchery," Deathbringer said.  "I found her egg abandoned on the forest floor."

At this, Glory paused, her eyes widening.  "Deathbringer," she said slowly.  "That egg... wasn't abandoned.  In fact, I know who the parents are." She paused a moment, as if reluctant to tell him.  "Who?" Deathbringer asked, feeling like he already knew the answer.

Glory sighed, then looked Deathbringer straight in the eyes.  "That egg you found... was my egg.  I'm Pomegranate's mother, and you're her father."

DUN DUN DUN!! CLIFFHANGERS!! Don't you just hate them? Well, here's one right now! *says in a sing-song voice* Enjooooy!

~AutumnleafOfDawnClan