CHAPTER 9

It was now mid day, Kile and Karen were about to leave Mel's apartment.

"Are you sure you guys don't want to stay, said Mel. I can whip us up a mean lasagna for lunch."

"No thanks Mel, we really have to be going," said Kile.

"Kile's right, we have a big presentation next week with a new client and we need to do some home work."

"How about you guys come by for dinner later? I can make whatever you want. I am a pretty good cook," said Mel.

"Thanks again Mel but we really need to go." With that, they headed towards the door. They each gave Mel a kiss and she kissed them back. On the way home, Kile said to Karen, "Wow, that was a pretty wild night wouldn't you say?"

"Not only was the night wild but the morning and everything else was just as crazy. But ya know what Kile, as interesting as it was, I really am a one on one type of gal and you're the one I want to one on one with. Mel is a sweet woman, but I really don't see myself doing that again. I like what we have. It's, more intimate. Our little sexual escapades, comes from a place of love it's not just trying to reach the ultimate sexual high whether it's adding pain or adding more people. There is a whole lot more to it then just that. Those folks at the club I actually feel sorry for. They seem to be searching for something that they will not be able to find there."

"Wow, Karen I'm glad you said it because that's just how I was feeling. I love what we do, because it's just you and me." When Karen and Kile finally get to Karen's place and they sit for awhile just talking about the night before, Karen's cell phone rings and its Mel.

"Hey Karen I was calling for two reasons, one was to see if you guys made it home alright and two to find out if you guys want to hang out tonight maybe go to dinner or catch a movie." Kile is in the back round waving his hands" NO" as Karen talks to Mel.

"No, I'm sorry Mel we're just gonna stay in tonight and maybe catch a movie on demand."

"Well, Ok I'm a little disappointed, but if you change your mind, call me back at this number and I'll come over and keep you Guys Company."

"Sure," said Karen, "We'll do that." Hey Mel I was wondering how did you get my cell number?"

"You guys forget I've got a special set of skills. Call me if you change your mind." After Karen hangs up from talking to Mel, she has a worried look on her face. She has a sense that Mel may be a problem.