CHAPTER 15

The next day Kile and Karen came to work, both exhausted, unable to get a good night's sleep thinking about how to handle the situation with Mel if this harassment did not stop. The morning went well. There were no calls from Mel at all. Kile and Karen thought to themselves, that maybe Mel has decided to move on and except the fact that the threesome was not going to happen. The thought of this lifted their spirits. Kile was walking through the halls with an extra spring in his step and Karen even managed to smile once or twice at a few of her employees. Dave stopped by Kile's office briefly.

"Hey man, said Dave, I'm gonna call you Mister Magic. I was walking down the hall and I could have sworn I saw a slight smile on the ICE QUEENS.............., oh I'm sorry I meant Miss Karen McGowen's face. At first I thought she was having a stroke, but then I realized no, that was a smile. What did you do? You must be giving her good and plenty of Mr. Good bar.

"Well she is getting that, but what really has us relaxed is the fact that we haven't heard from you know who all morning. We think she finally got the message and has decided to leave us alone."

"Wow, that's great Kile. You guys definitely dodged a bullet there." The telephone rings and on the other end is one of the senior partners of the company.

"Kile, can you come to my office?"

"Yes sir, said Kile" As Kile makes his way over to the office he runs into Karen who is headed in the same direction.

"Where are you headed," said Karen?

"I'm going to the big mans office."

"So am I, said Karen. What do you think is going on?"

"I have no idea," said Kile." As they entered the office, one of the top managers, Mark Savage greeted them with hand shakes at the door. Behind him there was someone sitting in a chair that Kile and Karen could not see right away.

"Hello Kile, hello Karen, greeted Mark. As you know this company is a target for security threats from many different sources. We are making an attempt to try and limit the possibility of being the victim of this kind of intrusion. So I am considering hiring a specialist that will protect us in cyberspace." The manager steps aside to introduce the specialist.

"Karen, Kile, I would like you to meet Melissa Manigualt. She is a software security expert that has worked with a number of major companies like ours. She contacted me yesterday about her company. She has some wonderful security ideas that will not only protect our computers from possible hackers but her security designs also protect our computer network both foreign and domestic." Karen and Kile cannot speak. Mel gets up to greet them both.

"Hello I'm very glad to meet you. Please call me Mel. May I call you Karen and kile? They both stare at Mel in disbelief. Mel starts to go into detail about her recommendations concerning protection against cyber attacks. Panic has rendered both Kile and Karen speechless and frozen where they stand. Suddenly the senior manager sees someone out in the hall that he needed to speak with. He excuses himself and quickly leaves the office. Mel, Karen and Kile are now alone.

"Mel, what the HELL are you doing, said Kile? This is our place of work."

"You gave me no choice. You refused to answer my calls or respond to my messages," Mel replied.

Karen's face is red. She speaks to Mel through clenched teeth. "Mel, just leave us alone. What do you want from us? Why are you coming to our place of work? You must stop this NOW!

"Why do you two insist on denying our love, the love that we shared over the weekend, said Mel? This feeling is bigger then all three of us and it can not be ignored."