The Odd Bunch

This morning the weather was scorching, hot causing me to wake up drenched in sweat. Even though the AC was on high, I was still feeling the heat fill up my room. I was of course used to all this heat, but I still had not gotten used to this place, just yet. 

My mother and I sat on the couch and re-watched a few episodes from Desperate Housewives. Around noon my phone started vibrating in my pocket, I took it out only to have my stomach fill with butterflies of some sort. ‘Calum Hood’. “Can I take an appointment to contact Mrs.Jones?” he sarcastically said into the phone making me slightly chuckle. “This is she” I went along with his childish act. “I may or may not be waiting for you to tell me what your address is so I can pick you up in around an hour” I could feel him smiling through the phone. “I’ll text you” I pursed my lips holding in the huge smile that wanted to escape. “alright”

In about an hour Calum picked me up, he took me cruising in his car. We stopped to get milkshakes and bought some movies that we then later watched at his house. He then insisted I come and meet his friends during their horror movie night, which was held in his friend Ashton’s house. He of course did not give me a choice, and drove me there anyways. 

“So you play the bass?” I smiled at him and he nodded, taking his eyes off the road to glance at me for a moment. “Have you ever written anything, like any originals?” I hesitantly asked feeling quite awkward that I’d have to meet his friends. “Yeah, you’ll have to go out with me a few more times though to get me to play them for you” he smiled at me reassuringly noticing that I felt quite anxious.

We were greeted at the door by Ashton. Ashton has the most luscious; curly yet soft dirty blonde hair ever. Dimples and pretty green eyes. He was basically dressed in an All Time Low singlet and black skinny jeans. Whats up with the guys here and black skinny jeans? “Hi, nice to meet you. I’m Ashton” he smiled widely revealing his dimples, which may I add were sublimely adorable.

Ashton then lead us down to the basement where their other friends were. I was greeted by a tall, lilac haired, grey eyed boy who dressed up in technically the same thing as the rest of his friends. “You must be Calum’s dream girl that he met at the Cafe” Michael laughed as Calum punched his shoulder, making my cheeks redden. “I’m Michael, nice to meet you” he offered me his hand, “I’m-“ but I was interrupted by the one and only, Luke Hemmings.

“Ally?” he raised his eyebrow. “You two know each other” the boys asked simultaneously. “This has happened one to many times” Luke chuckled pulling me into a faint hug. “what brings you here, couldn’t wait until next week?” he asked jokingly. Calum then took me by the hand and comfortably threw his arm around me, “she’s here with me actually” he said confidentially. I shuffled my feet awkwardly as Luke gave Calum a slightly disappointed look. “So what’re we watching tonight?” Michael broke the tension. “We’re watching this” Ashton took out a DVD I hadn’t recognized but just looking at the cover freaked me out.

There was exactly one couch and a chair faced to the TV. Ashton sat on the left end of the couch, Calum was next to him, I was right beside Calum. Luke squished himself beside me as Michael stretched out on his own chair. Calum immediately put an arm around my shoulder pulling me closer to his chest, “I know that you get freaked out easily by scary movies, so you can feel free to take it out on me” he whispered into my hair and lightly chuckled as the movie began. I was comforted by his soothing voice, “I will” I shyly answered while looking up at him.