Crash

I woke up to the sound of a blender, thank you mother. I had barely gotten any sleep, I couldn’t go to sleep, I didn’t want to go to sleep. It was one of those times where you like your reality was so much better that you didn’t want to dream because there was nothing that could possibly beat it. I don’t even remember falling asleep. I still had my makeup on, which had now been smudged resulting me to look like a six year old had just done my makeup.

Throughout the morning, I cringed every time I heard Luke saying “I love you, too” in my mind. His voice was vivid in my mind, making me go red at the slight timidness and awkwardness yet realness in his voice. “So how was your…date?” My mom asked while taking a bite from her sandwich. “It was erm… really really good” I swung my feet back and forth under the table. The thought of it made me nervous, he made me nervous.

I checked my phone to find a text from Michael. 

Mikey: Hey loser, where you at?

A: Home, hbu?

Mikey: I’m outside, open the door.

A: Why don’t you just ring the doorbell you ass

Mikey: I’m already using two hands to text you.

A: You’re infuriating, and you can stay outside.

Mikey: Wait, Luke found the key. 

We didn’t really text or anything after the date last night. I just assumed he would call me or something. It was weird, for some reason. Especially since Michael had been there with him, and we haven’t really told anyone we were going on a date so I hoped it wouldn’t be awkward as fuck.

“Hey!” Michael casually shouted before plopping onto my bed next to me. “Hi” Luke looked around and sat on the ground. “Michael my erm… feet hurt and I hate sitting on the ground, can I..?” he pointed at the bed. I rolled my eyes and held back a chuckle, this boy was such a dork oh my god. “Well neither do I, so you’ll have to deal with it” Michael stuck out his tongue at Luke. “Well your in a good mood today” I teased, “whats up?” I asked. “Nothing really” he shrugged while taking out his phone. “Where are the boys?”  its been like a day but still, it felt like ages since I had last seen them. “Ashton and Calum are downstairs” he smiled at me. “Since when” I puzzled. “Since now” he cheekily smiled at me. “I’ll get the door” I rolled my eyes.

“I’ll come with you” Luke stood up and walked down with me. “So…” he begun, “So…” I gulped. “Can this not be awkward?” he played with his lip ring. “Yeah, I’d like that” I faintly smiled as he nudged my shoulder with his. “Cal, Ash” I smiled pulling them in for a hug. 

The day went on pretty casually, thank god it wasn’t as awkward as I thought it’d be. We ended up watching Mean Girls and then we hung out casually doing absolutely nothing, which I loved doing because somehow Michael would make the situation super funny and Ashton would start taking videos so Michael would overdo it. Then we would put on music and Calum and Luke started dancing horrifically. All in all, it was a really good day.

After Ashton, Michael and Calum left, Luke decided he’d stay a little longer. “So what do you want to do” I stared at my feet avoiding any eye contact. “I for one really want to go and get some Ice Cream” he hooked his arms with me and just like that we were walking down the street to go get some ice cream.