01

dasom stepped outside her door when she heard jisu scream moments before. jisu was in the hall as well with a tall, handsome man.

"this woman was banging on the door really hard. she had blood all over her face, she was definitely injured and she was so fucking angry. i don't know where she went though-" jisu paused abruptly. she examined the floor that had large blood puddles scattered across it leading to a smashed window.

"you don't think she jumped do you?" there was a momentary pause before the guy slammed his fist so hard into her clearly destroyed door. dasom genuinely don't know how that punch didn't phase the man as it sounded like his knuckles cracked.

"she wasn't hitting it, she was ramming it." the mysterious man finally spoke. jisu and dasom shared a glance at him, then at each other.

he strolled away without caring that a deranged woman was roaming around, "crazy bitch, y'know she tried attacking me on the way up? she probably would've if i didn't mace the shit out of her eyes and push her down the stairs."

jisu searched for words but stayed quiet, "well, at least i can sleep without worrying about that woman charging into my room."

jisu grabbed her wrist softly as she was about to head back into her  apartment, "do you think we should call someone to make sure she's alright?"

dasom scoffed exaggeratedly "she busted the shit out of your door and tried to claw my eyes out, i don't care what happens her."

dasom briskly head back to her apartment. even though the woman had, as far as we know, jumped from the 15th floor, she still felt a chill on her neck being in the hall.

her stomach growled quietly, she guessed she hadn't eaten since breakfast. she scavenged through her various cabinets, nothing. dasom really didn't want to go all the way back to the first floor and to the mini supermarket in the lobby. the young gentleman and the sweet old woman that worked there she was fine with, it was the old man she hated. the old man would constantly scream at his wife, he overcharged on simple things like batteries, and he just overall had a nasty personality. last time she checked the gates were closed so it's not like she had much of a choice.

dasom emptied her entire school bag and grabbed what she could, weapon wise that is. a part of her felt it wasn't necessary, but another, louder part of her told her to bring anything that could be used in defense. all she had for weapons was the bright yellow pepper spray and some dull kitchen scissors. she put some money inside the bag as well, that old man is probably going to use this crisis to charge dasom her kidney and a few teeth for a packet of gummies.

dasom made the decision to head down anyways. there was no way that woman survived that fall so she didn't have to worry about almost being mauled again. her plan was the check most of the floors for possible working elevators, she assumed maybe it was just her floor that wasn't working. she tended to be a debbie-downer at times, but she just generally felt unlucky. constantly grabbing the short end of the stick in fortune.

she quietly opened the stairwell door. the doors loud creaking eliminates the need to be quiet in the first place. let's hope the fifteenth floors elevator system still works, dasom wishes. she yanked open the door to the floor and held out her weak kitchen scissors in defense. nothing except a tall boy laying in a puddle of blood.

"holy shit!" dasom scrambled the aid the poor guy. she held two fingers to his wrist, he still has a pulse. he might as well have been dead since he looked the part. dasom noted as she saw his dirty clothes and unkempt hair.

"fuck, who would just leave you here?" she grunts. he was very heavy and very tall and dasom was putting all her weight into her already aching legs that were popping and cracking enough as it is.

"fuck, how much do you fucking weigh?" dasom complained, kicking open the ajar door that she assumed was his apartment. her legs gave out and she drops him onto the floor with a thud.

"sorry guy" she apologized as if he could hear her. surely this guy has something here, maybe some food and medical stuff. dasom also made it a note to herself that he had blood on his shirt that was not from him laying in the pile outside, the puddle she now realized probably came from that deranged lady. seeing nothing but dust and cobwebs where food should be in his cupboards, she knew she still had to go all the way to the first floor.

"damn." dasom looked at the boy on the floor, quivering and shaking. "i mean, i have to go back down." she whispers.

a little light went off in her head, "uh, here. you're probably cold i guess. not that you can even hear me right now which makes this interaction even weirder." she grabs the comforter off his bed and threw it over him.

"i'm not dragging your ass to bed because i have a better chance of picking up cars lighter than you, but giving you a blanket is the least i can do." dasom knew the boy couldn't hear her, but she had liked to imagine he could. she grabbed her scissors from the floor as they had fallen out her pocket when she had dropped him onto the ground.

"i'll be back dont go anywhere." she quietly laughs to herself, "not that you have much a choice." she snorted, "i am a shitty person, damn." with that, she closed the door.

dasom regrets her decision of living on the 15th floor as she had to walk all the way down to the bottom, but at least she didn't have to walk all the way up yet. as she got closer to her destination, she could hear commotion happening two floors down. the sound of a man talking about killing his boss and what she supposed was a alcohol bottle clinking it's way down the stairs.

she could hear the man getting more aggressive and sounded like he was ripping his clothes, "what the fuck?" dasom whispered to herself. she heard a small shriek and then a thud.

"jisu, stay away. you can't be sure it's dead yet." a males voice spoke. so it was jisu who screamed, she probably hit the guy.

a loud, blood-curdling shriek that almost sounded demonic erupted, "watch out!" that same voice screamed at jisu. dasom knew it was stupid, but she ran down the rest of the stairs to make sure the two were okay. she stops mid step and widens her eyes. an alien like creature had its head sliced off as its blood pooled around it.

"holy shit." dasom gasped in disbelief. yesterday she never would've thought to see this. "jisu, are you okay?" dasom asked.

"yes i'm fine, if it weren't for jaeheon, i don't know what would've happened." so the mans name was jaeheon. the man bowed respectfully, which dasom returned.

"my guess is that you would've ended up like the monster, instead of the monster itself." she shrugged, leaning against the wall. she was afraid to take her eyes off the monster incase it reanimated itself alive again.

"i know that this is a bad time to ask, but does anyone know if the first floor is still open?"