23

dasom sneaks around the corner, finally finding where everyone was. she swears her heart stopped when she watches those bandits drag hyunsu's unconscious body into the elevator and sunyoung's dead body set aflame. what the fuck happened while i was gone?

"shut up, you idiot!" their 'guard' points his gun at seungwan, he quickly stopped talking after that.

"where the hell have you been?" the same guy questioned two others who had finally showed up.

"shut your mouth. your breath stinks." he scoffed, trudging over to yuri. he leans down, inhaling her scent, "you smell of disinfectant." are all these guys fucking creeps? dasom remained crouched behind a pillar, waiting for a moment safe enough to make her move.

"you'd better go over there." faux concern laced through his words, he sarcastically pouted his lips, "the patient's in bad condition." he whispers something to her, making her abruptly get up and walk in the direction he had pointed despite gilseob's protests.

had he touched jisu? dasom almost wanted to run to her, wanting nothing more to protect her friends, but she knew better than to reveal herself. especially once they find their team dead and, as far as they know, she's one of the few lingering around still.

dasom didn't have to think for too long, only minutes later another guy was gunned down. she knew right then and there that yikyung was okay. she jumps down from the vent, landing steadily onto her feet, "hurry." she ushers them.

the group gets up from their circle to try and escape the hell they were experiencing, "i knew this would happen!" he grabs ms. cha back by her hair, dasom knew she couldn't stand by anymore. she switched her position from the pillar to the other side of their oversized military truck.

"drop your gun." yikyung challenged.

"should we make a bet on who can kill more people?!" he argued, shooting down another poor resident. dasom reached behind her where she had tucked the handgun under her shirt, now holding it in her shaky hands, "the side that's more scared should surrender!"

"drop it, you bitch!" she could see yikyung sigh before she lowered her gun, throwing it on the ground. he immediately began to beat her, smacking and punching her before sending her flying to the floor.

"this is just the beginning, you bitch!" he begins to kick at her ribs, making her throw her arms around her torso. she's pregnant. his kicking never stops, slamming the end of the gun down onto her as she protectively wraps her arms around her torso.

the only reason he stops is because he's pulled away by eunhyuk and, surprisingly enough, byeongil and seungwan. eunhyuk crashes a metal pole down onto his back while byeongil and seungwan pulled him back to pin him against another nearby pillar. his gun shoots out into the air. dislodging the cheap chandelier that, thankfully, stayed connected by a wire and didn't come crashing down on them.

they struggled to hold him back, until he fell limp, bullet wound in his head and a trail of blood following down the wall his body slid down on. everyone turned around, suspecting yikyung had done it, but they were wrong. their eyes widened in the direction dasom stood, her shaky hands tightly clutching the gun.

she throws the gun onto the ground, leaning over on her knees, "fuck, i feel sick now." she groaned, gagging at the sight of another man she had massacred.

they stared at her in utter disbelief. they knew she could be an asshole to people, maybe even beat the hell out of someone, but they never saw her as someone capable of murder. she turns to look at them, a confused tinge in her eyes, "why are you standing there? move the fucking body people?" she snapped, stomping over to the man she had killed. she points to byeongil and seungwan, gesturing for them to grab him by the arms while she grabbed his legs.

after moving the body, she jogs over to eunhyuk who still graced her with a puzzled look, "where did they take hyunsu?" she demanded.

"to the roof, i'd imagine. i'm not sure." his same monotone voice made her scoff, picking up the gun from the floor before bolting for the elevator. eunhyuk stops her, grabbing her wrist tightly, "what are you doing?"

"i'm going to get hyunsu." she fumed, pulling her wrist from his grasp.

"we don't know what they're doing, it's not safe. they could kill you, y'know?" he adds, pushing up the frame of his glasses.

"and i could kill them. i don't care what happens to me. i've done nothing but kill and hurt people for the past few hours, i've got nothing to lose." she argued.

"i'm not letting you kill yourself because you want to prove a point." she scoffed, shaking her head. she was rigid with anger, she was pissed. she was mad at herself, at everyone. eunhyuk knew this too, he knew that feeling all too well, the need to be mad at everything and everyone just to feel something. in her current, crazed state, he knew that she was heading down a dangerous road he might not be able to help her move past from this time.

she looked down at the gun in her cut-up, blood stained hands. she sighed, "fine." she mumbled, giving him a small smile. it was unsettling to see her like this, how quickly she was able to turn off her emotions and give him a poor excuse of a calm smile, all while covered in the blood of others.

"well, we need to be ready for when they come back down." she sighed.

everyone surrounded the elevator, guns drawn and holding anything that could be used as a weapon. dasom tightly held the pistol in her red hands, not caring that the groves of the gun dug into the gashes in her palms. she sighed, trying to remove any tension she was currently feeling as she watched the numbers descend.

9...
8...

she glanced up at sangwook, who glared back down at her, almost like he was trying to reassure her.

3...
2...

her finger hovered over the trigger, ready to shoot down anyone who threatened her or her friends. her eyes remained cold, collected even.

1...

the elevators door slides open, slightly squeaking from the lack of use. standing right in front of her now was hyunsu, her hyunsu. he was safe.

really short chapter but i'm in my writers block era :( hopefully i'll get out of it fast but i still have the rest of this fic in my drafts so it's getting done one way or another :)