06

she didn't have enough time to process anything due to the sound of bones crushing and exchanged screaming, she's frozen. her strong demeanor was broke and shriveled as her body shakes, almost like she's glued to the ground.

the two young children tug at her as they are the only reason she's moving as hyunsoo guides them over and away from the monster. hyunsoo pushes the kids, along with her, behind the group of three as they convey a plan to take down this giant as it takes notice of their movements.

the two kids coward behind dasom and hold onto the sleeves of her shirt like she was a security blanket, but it was almost like she wasn't mentally there herself. it felt like an out of body experience to her, like it was just now settling in that this was their reality now.

"how do we kill that thing?" jaeheon asks in a hushed whisper, the giant slowly closing in on them with large thumping footsteps. then, the thing seized in pain. that same woman whose skull was just brutally crushed was now straddling the shoulders of the creature, her fingers deep into where it's heart was located and her eyes blacked out the same way hyunsoo's were a mere thirty minutes ago.

jisoo is next to charge, striking the monsters in its genitals, "take the kids and run! hurry" she stands her ground while jaeheon strikes with his sword

"come to room 1408!" hyunsoo shoos the kids forward and takes dasom's hand in his. they both hurry down the halls fueled with adrenaline and soon enough make it to 1408; she could've sworn she had never been so happy to see a number in her life.

her dazed mental state had worn off as well, she gasped for air she hadn't realized she'd been holding in, "hyun, you're okay." she gave him a tired smile, "could've sworn you were dead back there. that monster stepped on you and you came out without a scratch." hyunsoo just shrugged since he didn't know how to answer a question not even he knew the answer to. he knocked on the metallic door gently, its worn hinges screeched and revealed dusik with his makeshift gun pointed at them. they nudged the two kids into the apartment and stepped in themselves before checking their surroundings and closing the door.

———

"i hope they're okay." dasom says after a brief moment of silence. no one had said anything in so long due to the traumatic event they had all been dragged in to, "do you think we should go back for them?" she looked at hyunsoo

"who's 'them'?" dusik questions.

"there was two people who helped us, a third as well but i have no idea if she lived from her injuries. the other two were holding off the monster when we bolted." she summarized, "i'd say they're dead." dusik grumbles. dasom shushed him and gently gestures her head to the kids sitting on his bed completely oblivious to what they were talking about. before she could speak again, the door opened. the woman, the supposed dead woman, was standing strong and healthy with her dried up blood caking her face.

"who are you?" dusik rightfully questions, "it's the dead woman." dasom whispered. the woman politely shut the door behind her and immediately checked for the kids who peered around the corner; she gave them a small wave and a welcoming smile.

"the girl and guy, are the okay?" dasom immediately questioned, approaching the woman quickly. "the girl is okay, the guy led the monster away." she gently says as she immediately heads over to the kids.

dasom sighs, "maybe i should go for them. jaeheon could be hurt." she reaches for the door handle before her hand is swatted away abruptly, "ow! what the fuck?" she groans and rubs her reddening hand.

"it's too dangerous to leave right now. plus, it's rude to swear at elders." dusik trailed away to his desk, "i wasn't even swearing at you, i was swearing at your hands. don't you think it's more dangerous to just wait around? we're not exactly the toughest group right now."

"that's up to you. i'm not putting my life of the line for two strangers." dusik mumbles causing dasom to roll her eyes.

she heads back to the door to find them, but is stopped once again, "wait." hyunsoo croaked. he hands her his spear along with the 'battery backpack', "be careful." he couldn't bare to meet her gaze but he knew there was a sly smirk across her features. she puts one of her earbuds in and heads out the door.

"don't worry about me hyun. i'll come back."

...........

this was more of a filler chapter to try and get into the rhythm of writing again.