24

tw there's a brief mention of dasom's sa in this chapter!!

dasom is the first to lower her weapon, a relieved sigh escapes her lips and is soon replaced with a small grin. she turns to look at everyone, eyeing them at how they still point their weapons to hyunsu, "it's hyunsu, guys! lower your weapons!" she argued. he demands fall of deaf ears, not a single person moving.

hyunsu slowly steps out of the elevator, making her take a step forward towards him. she's held back by sangwook, his grip tight on her forearm, keeping her from progressing towards him any further. she turns to presumably swear at him, only to see him shake his head and pull her back from him.

"hyunsu, what condition are you in?" yikyung asserts, the barrel of her gun practically touching his chest.

"did i win?" a voice speaks from behind hyunsu. dasom had been so relieved to see hyunsu, she hadn't even noticed the lurking figure behind him.

"hyunsu is okay." eunhyuk adds.

yikyung moves the direction of her gun to the unknown man as he stepped forward, "that's unexpected." he gently takes his hand to lower her gun.

"don't move." sangwook snaps, now pointing his gun at his face.

"those things can't kill me." uimyeong calmly adds. is he like hyunsu? can he not die, too?

"don't worry about that." he adds, "i'll find a way to kill you when i need to."

dasom takes this as a moment to step forward to hyunsu. she places her hand onto his arm, worry adorning her face, "hyunsu, are you okay?" she speaks up, checking over him.

"come over here quickly. come over." gilseob waves his hand for hyunsu to come back to them, making her nod in agreement as she glares at uimyeong.

hyunsu barely spares her a glance as he shakes her hand off of him before moving to stand between uimyeong and sangwook, "put that away." he deadpanned. she looks at him, hurt lacing her face, shocked he'd even stand up for someone that came in with the intention to kill everyone, even his friends, "he saved me."

"think about what they did." seungwan cries, shakily holding a gun of his own.

"hyunsu, he killed his own team. do you trust him?" byeongil questioned.

"do you trust me?" he challenged, "he's like me."

"so put your guns down." his voice raises, making her flinch. she had never seen hyunsu like this, he looked scary to her. his eyes were cold, all while burning into everyone.

sensing his change in demeanor, she instinctively backed away from him. this didn't go unnoticed by hyunsu, his eyes boring into her as she stepped back next to sangwook. she hated to admit it, but maybe she wasn't safe being near hyunsu right now.

she couldn't find hyunsu nowhere, it seemed he was spending all his time now with his new pal, who was, no doubt, feeding him lies.

she stared at herself in the bathroom mirror, lazily washing the blood off her hands, arms, and face. she couldn't even recognize herself anymore, each time she scraped off the red substance, she was reminded of what happened, that she mercilessly ended someone's life while she continued to live on.