16

as gilseob loudly ate, hyunsoo couldn't help but keep his eyes on dasom. she looked bad. her hands were shaking as she tried to eat the rice concoction that they made for today. eventually, she gave up and abandoned her dinner for the night before getting up and heading in the opposite direction.

gilseob followed hyunsoo's gaze, before chuckling, "she'll be there later. right now, it's important to eat."

after hearing gilseob's tangent about eating good and scars, hyunsoo finishes eating quickly before setting off to find her. it doesn't take him long to find her sitting on some steps.

he hesitates for a moment before sitting down next to her. she gives him a small smile. his eyes trail from her face down to her bandaged arm, "i'm sorry."

sensing his stare on her arm, she lowers her arm to rest against her lap, "for what? you didn't do anything."

"still, i should've been more careful. if i paid attention, you wouldn't have went down there and got hurt—"

"hyunsoo." she sighed, grabbing his hand to stop him from blaming himself, "it's not your fault." she spoke sternly.

"but... you got hurt because of me." hyunsoo mumbled.

"no i didn't. please don't think that way." she paused for a moment, "i'll be okay. i'm not on my death bed."

he nodded, still feeling guilty, "i'm just glad you're okay. when you stopped moving..." she trailed on, "i was scared you were really dead. i thought you weren't coming back this time."

dasom cleared her throat, "look... i'm just glad you're fine." she covered up her confession, pulling her hand away from his and back to her lap.

a few moments later, eunhyuk walks over with sangwook, "i need you both to help me out."

after regaining some of her energy back, she worked to help eunhyuk load up some left over supplies. food, water, batteries, you name it. she helps eunhyuk with handing out the boxes while hyunsoo, jisu, and jaeheon set it aside to be loaded up.

she kept glancing at jisu out of the corner of her eye as she clutched at her stomach in pain. did she get injured in the basement? dasom hands one more box to jaeheon before pulling jisu aside, "hey, why don't we trade jobs? you don't seem well." she responds in a hushed whisper. jisu nods slowly, steadying herself before handing a box to dasom.

now, dasom stands in between hyunsoo and jaeheon as they sort the boxes being handed to them by eunhyuk and jisu.

the bell of the door opening is enough to make her jump as she shoots her head up, "stop." the glassed individual, seungwan, hissed, "did you think i wouldn't notice if you ran away?"

he charges towards them, "give me my share!" he claws at the boxes eagerly like a kid on christmas day.

"please, stop." jaeheon asserted softly, using his good arm to try and take the boxes back.

"fuck! i can't trust anyone anymore!" he cries out, trying to rip the boxes away from jaeheon.

"calm down, let's talk." jaeheon grabs his arm with his good one, carefully dragging him away.