04

sitting in the dark quietly, they both hoped the monster would just continue its way. the stench coming from the container the flies swarmed around made dasom just want to surrender to escape the smell.

hyunsoo started to get up, his feet thumping on the ground. please sit back down, what the fuck are you doing? as he tried to climb out the monster appeared  and tried desperately to reach for him. hyunsoo retreated back to his spot as the monster extended his hand into the nasty container that was filled with molded, rotting fish. explains the smell.

in a moment of bravery, hyunsoo stabbed the spear into its leg and electrocuted it. he pushed the monster with the spear to make an opening which dasom didn't hesitate to jump out of and run. the two of them raced down the hallway and she could feel the monster right on their tracks, her heart was thumping out of her chest. there were many moments she feared for her life, but in this moment, she was certain it was going to be her last.

it's long arms extend, only missing the two by a few centimeters. both of them collapsed onto the ground as they were too scared to move, one of its trunks missed hyunsoo's face just barely. this flaky substance fell from it and dasom visibly sick to her stomach.

manager han!

it's arm retracts as it slowly creeps its way toward them. the squeaky sound coming from its blood covered feet made her nauseous. she looked to her left and saw two items, it looked like the ball from those game sets. she picked them up and handed them to hyunsoo as she assumed he was probably a better thrower.

with the monster only a few meters away, hyunsoo threw them at the wall. the noise along with the conjoined bouncing was enough to distract the monster long enough from hyunsoo to attack.

he jumped to action and striked the monster in the back of its neck. the loud noise of the taser along with the flashing from it and seeing the monsters blood literally boil on the top of its head made dasom's skin turn pale with sickness and dizziness.

the monster collapsed as the two stared at it, "good job, but we better hurry and get those kids before anymore decide to come out." dasom jogger ahead with hyunsoo following behind.

after jogging a few floors down, we reached the destination of the kids. dasom leaned her back on the wall, she was out of breath from running so vigorously. however, hyunsoo seemed fine.

he gently knocked on the door, "kids, we're here to help you." a light shines dimly through the screen of the door, dasom thought it was a smart move for identifying monsters. a few seconds passed until the door opened slowly presenting a little girl and boy scared out of their minds.

dasom gave them a warm smile and crouched to their level, "may we come in? we want to help you guys but it's not safe to stand in the hall right now." the younger girl moved aside, along with her brother, and let them in. hyunsoo couldn't help but stare at the girl next to him. he had only known her for a day and a half but he never thought someone who sweared as much as her would be a kid person.

after setting up some candles, the teens sat in front of the kids. "please sir, do you think you can save our dad." her heart broke into a million tiny little pieces as she looked over at hyunsoo.

"what?"

"our dad fell from the building and hit the ground."

hyunsoo sighed, "we know."

the girl spoke up, "maybe he-" dasom stopped the girl, "i'm afraid no one can survive a fall from the 12th floor." she averted her eye contact because if she stared at those children while saying something everyone feared for their family, she would've bursted into tears as well. however, now's not the time for crybabies.

hyunsoo broke the painful silence, "there's a man on the 14th floor that has a lot of food for the both of you. you are hungry, aren't you?"

the two kids nodded, "you don't want to stay here by yourselves, am i right?" he paused, "in order to get there, we have to go through the hallway. there might be monsters. how old are the two of you?" dasom was shocked at how well he was handling the situation.

"i'm nine and my brother is six years old." hyunsoo smiled, "y'know those are perfect ages to fight monsters."

he could tell the kids were still scared. he laughed nervously and put a hand on the young boy's shoulder, "don't worry okay? we're going to protect you guys, we promise." he reassured and she nodded along.

"but before we go," dasom spoke up after awhile, "there's one monster you need to know about. it can't see, but it's hearing is amazing. if we come across it, we stay still and quiet until it passes by, okay?" the children nodded.

the four of them left. hyunsoo was in front leading the way and dasom was in the back while they kept the kids in the middle for safety. they made it too the emergency stair exit where hyunsoo gently pushed the kids through and dasom as well. they both shared a reassuring look at each other as she kept the door open for him too. she glanced over at the kids for a second but was confused by the sound of hyunsoo groaning, almost as if he was in pain.

"hey you okay?" she asked, pressing a hand on the door and one on the little boys back. she looked to him and couldn't believe her eyes. he held his arm to his heaving chest as blood poured out of his nose endlessly, almost like he was drowning in his own blood.

"are you okay?" the little girl repeated pointing her flashlight in his direction.

"get away from me! leave, now!" he slammed the door in dasom's face. she truly felt fear as her hands slowly became sweaty.

"cmon, we can't stay here." dasom gently pushed the kids foward, "hey what's wrong?" the little boy spoke. the door busted open and out fell hyunsoo drenched in his own blood, but that was the least of their worries. this demonic grinning monster that had to be at least 10ft tall crouched and peered at the three like it had found his dinner.

they were now truly fucked.