02

after another unsuccessful time of heading down the stairs, dasom groaned in frustration. now the first floor doors were locked, almost as if something was pressed up against it. minutes before she parted ways with jisu and jaeheon, and now she would have to walk up past that thing again.

she got to where it was, and it had disappeared. her heart sunk. did someone find it and dump it somewhere? did it come back to life? is it still roaming?

she could feel her breathing quickening as she darted straight for the 14th floor doors, that was when she noticed claw marks on the walls and door. fuck, is it on this floor. just my luck. dasom thinks to herself and quietly pushed open the door. just as she had predicted, there it was.

"i can't see.." the monster gurgles out loud. the stench coming from it was nauseating. it's head was chopped down to where it's eyes were supposed to be, which she thanked jaeheon for. it's skin was gray and leathery with a blue tint in some lighting, it's claws stretched more than any normal hand as it's nails scraped against the walls repeating "i can't see".

dasom put her hand over her mouth to quiet her breathing. almost as if the universe was against her, her scissors slipped out of her back pocket and clanked onto the ground.

"i hear you..!" dasom was too afraid to move to retreat the scissors, and it was good she didn't. inches away from her face, the monsters hand had reached and morphed into this tree trunk look alike. it's trunk pierced the wall and stretched out in different directions. it retreated its trunk and moved into the direction of the mans apartment.

dasom eyed the door of the studio. she knew she had closed it, but why was it opened now? maybe the man woke up. she, safely, picked up her useless weapon and lightly stepped to his apartment. she was crouched by the door as the monster was now inside his apartment. the man was facing away from her so it wasn't like she could reach out to tap him without scaring him and making noise.

she tried to reach out to touch him anyways, but froze again. a light static came from the intercom in his room, the monsters hand morphs back into the trunk and strikes the speaker. the monster must've thought it hit someone, so it slowly made its way back out. it was still repeating "i can't see!" over and over as it turned the corner away while shouting for someone named "manager han".

one dasom felt it was a safe distance from them both, she reached out to the man. he jumped lightly and quickly turned his head around.

she put her hands up in defense, "don't worry i'm still normal!" the man looked at her.

"mind if i come in? i was the one who dragged you back into your apartment, i was going downstairs to get food and water but it was locked." the man nods, granting her access into his apartment.

"what the fuck was that?" dasom gasped and placed a hand on her chest to slow her heart rate.

the guy shrugged, "you don't talk, do you?" she raised an eyebrow at him.

he continued to stare, "could you at least tell me your name?" dasom shakes her head. if she was going to be trapped with this man from a little bit, she at least wanted to know his name. it was the least he could do.

"cha hyunsoo." he croaked.

"you do talk after all. it's feels more weird actually hearing your voice rather than seeing you unconscious with a nasty blanket on you. no offense." dasom stretches her legs as she stands up fully. it felt like ages she was crouched hiding when it was really only a few minutes.