3 - 9

Junkyu

If I felt like Useless Junkyu before just because I was screwing up a few dance moves, well, that's nothing compared to this. I've been released from hospital, fitted with an extremely uncomfortable plaster cast, given some crutches (also the pinnacle of discomfort) and now I'm on the couch at the dorm, alone, with my leg elevated, while the rest of the group is at the agency. I said I could come but Jihoon literally stole my crutches from me so that I wouldn't get up. It was a nice gesture of him to get me to rest, sure, but if I need to pee or get anything at any point before they get home, I'm screwed. I'm kind of grateful they forced me to stay home, though. There's a meeting today which I'm sure is about how my little situation is going to affect everything, and although I know I really should be there, I desperately don't want to be there because I'd probably die of embarrassment and guilt.

And to top everything off, Mashiho isn't even sleeping in my bed anymore. Since he kicks so much in his sleep he's worried he'll kick my leg in the night and hurt me. I told him it'd probably hurt less than it did before because now I have a whole cast to protect me, but he slept in the top bunk last night anyway and says he's going to keep doing it, and I'm not going to beg him to sleep in my bed because that would make things weird. Last night sucked. Nights spent not cuddling Mashiho officially suck.

I should be thinking about the meeting right now and what's going to happen with everything, but I lose myself yet again in thoughts of Mashiho. They all bustled out of the dorm so fast this morning, I'm not sure if he even had breakfast. And I know he has trouble sleeping in the top bunk. The thought of him at the agency tired and hungry makes my stomach clench. I wish he was here with me right now, or that I was there with him. I always like to know what he's doing and see how he is, otherwise I get worried. God, I'm like an overprotective parent. I'd think this was just intense platonic love and care if it weren't for the fact that last night I ached for his body next to mine, had to fight the urge to kiss him goodbye this morning and also had a dream last night that he was my boyfriend like the absolutely pathetic Lovestruck Loser Junkyu that I am.

I'm so caught up in my Mashiho thoughts that I don't even notice the door opening, but I hear Hyunsuk when he calls out; "Guess who's back!"

"Hyunsuk, get my crutches from next to the door!"

I hear his light and quick footsteps approach until he's in front of me, smirking and holding the crutches.

"This is half the reason I came home," he says, gently leaning the crutches against my side of the couch then flopping down next to me. I grin at him. I didn't expect anyone to be back so soon. "Jihoon's plans always have flaws. Don't worry, I've saved you now, you'll be able to move today."

I give him a thumbs up. "Thanks. What's the other half of the reason you're back?"

"I wanted to tell you about the meeting we just had. Basically, we're doing everything we can for the comeback now, but since we're still sticking to the live concert idea thing, we won't actually do it until you've fully recovered. They want the show to be the best we can possibly do, and that means having every member performing to their best. We need to finalise Loud, finish the choreography for it and start learning it— you're going to sit in and watch as we do, and then once you're better you'll have all of us to help you catch up— and wrap up the unit songs. A lot of the members are actually happy for the extra time, some units want to completely rethink their songs and some have decided to add choreography now, including me and Jihoon, so thanks. You took one for the team. And we're going to wait until your cast is off and then shoot all our teasers and do the photoshoots and anything like that, but you're definitely not going to dance until you're completely healed. They're even going to get a rehabilitation specialist in for you. Does that all sound okay?"