Chapter 40

Gowns

"You're famous, I see."

Yumuko ako at halos hindi na manguya ang kinakain sa kaba. Si Azriel naman ay panay ang buntong hininga at halatang nagagalit din sa kung ano.

"Face of Dames Elegantes, brand Ambassadress of Prada, you got sponsored by Tiffany & Co., You once modeled Dior and Hera and many more. You shone and claimed your spot in just a span of two weeks," she said as she nods her head.

Sinulyapan ko sya pero umiwas din ako kaagad ng tingin. I feel proud of what she is saying, but she's just so intimidating.

I will really cry hard once she shouts at me again like how she did before.

"Magpapahinga na kami ng asawa ko," medyo galit na sabi ni Azriel.

"Oh, sure sure, son-"

"Maxim! I'm still talking," giit ng mama nya.

"Look, I am really not here to do bad-"

"You can't blame me, mother, you treated her badly back then," he said coldly. His hand found mine, too.

"I know and I am here to say sorry!" medyo tumaas ang boses nya. Napakapit ako sa kamay ni Azriel sa takot kahit na hindi naman masama ang sinabi nya.

Azriel cursed and pulled me closer to him. He almost makes me sit on his lap sa sobrang lapit ng mga upuan namin.

"See, I won't shout especially now that she's pregnant!"

"If you're just doing this because she gain fame and money, then please, we don't need that," Azriel said.

Her lips opened which tells me that she's a bit in shock.

"Danzel, that wasn't what I meant!"

"But you told me she's okay for you after you said she's famous. What do you mean?"

"Danzel, you're being rude to your mom," his dad suddenly butt in. "Let's just leave especially the lady is pregnant-"

"Oh, shut it, Maxim! Look, son, I am really sorry for everything I've done before. To you, too, Seleira... I will not explain or even try to justify myself because I was really wrong."

"T-that's okay, ma'am," kinakabahan kong sabi.

"Baby, that wasn't okay!" Giit naman ni Azriel. Imbis na mag-react ng kung ano ay pinamulahan ako. He just called me his baby in front of his parents!

"You despise her back then because you told me she have nothing," Azriel added as he look back to her mom.

She sighs and closed her eyes problematically.

"I know, that was a childish act of me. Also, I was really mad because... you didn't know her that much and you already want to marry her!"

"I knew her for five years already, I told you. I won't marry if I'm not sure. I'm so sure of her back then and even until now. I will always be," seryosong sabi ni Azriel. Hinaplos ko ang braso nya para manatiling kalmado.

"I know... We're just really here to apologize. We didn't come here to do shit!" frustrated na sabi ng mama nya, she's obviously losing her cool.

"Then why you just showed up now and not before?!" galit na tanong ni Azriel. Medyo napatalon pa ako dahil sa biglaan nyang pagsigaw dahil sa galit. Maging ang mama nya ay nagulat din. Marahas syang nagmura bago ako hapitin lalo.

"Danzel, I am not liking your tone at your mother!" medyo galit ding sabi ng kanyang ama.

"Azriel, tama na..." mahina kong sabi at tiningala sya. Natatakot akong mag-away pa sila ng tatay nya at baka magkasakitan sila.