Chapter 7

Off

I'm just here in my office, doing my work. It's actually not that hard. Ewan ko kung ganito ba talaga kadali ang trabaho ng secretary ng CFO o minapula na naman ito lahat ni Azriel. That man can do whatever he wants with his money, fame, and power.

Mrs. Johanss called me for some things that needs to to be signed by Mr. Wiltoncard who is in the 27th floor. Nang ilahad nya sa akin ang folders ay napansin ko na naman ang mahahaba nyang daliri na maraming singsing.

I nodded to Mrs. Long Fingers before heading my way to the elevators. Pinagtitinginan din ako at ang iba ay bahagyang yumuyuko. I didn't mind them and waited together with other five employees.

"M-ma'am, you may use the private elevator of the CEO po," she politely said.

"I don't want to," I replied and looked at her nameplate. Jorize.

"Pero ma'am, baka magalit po si-"

"I said I don't want to!" Inis kong sabi. Bakit nya ba ako pinapakialaman?

Tinawag nya pa ako pero nang bumukas ang elevator ay pumasok na ako agad. The people inside were shocked seeing me. Pumasok din sila.

"Ma'am baka magalit po si sir," she said. Naiirtita na ako ah.

"Yes, she's right po. Let me accompany you, ma'am." A woman said and held my arm which made me look angrily at her.

"Don't touch me!" Galit kong sabi. Nanlaki ang mga mata nila. Narinig ko rin ang mga bulungan ng nasa labas na nakikitingin, because the elevator is not yet closed.

"Akala mo kung sino," someone in the elevator said.

"I heard she was just an employee here before-"

"Anong sinabi mo?!" Tumaas na ang boses ko at hinarap kung saan galing ang boses. No one talked.

"I said anong sinabi mo?!" Pag-uulit ko. They look scared and they can't look at my eyes now. These bitches are getting into my nerves.

"Ma'am, you shouldn't shout at her-"

"Why do you care? Did I tell her to touch me?" mataray kong tanong. Can I just slap her?! Mabilis na ang paghinga ko dahil sa irita at inis sa mga taong to.

I just wanted to use the regular elevator! That's it!

"Ma'am, you're being too much-"

"Enough." A cold baritone voice made her stop on her sentence. It wasn't Azriel's though. Nagsitahimikan sila at nakatingin sa likod ko. When I look back, I saw a tall handsome man looking at me. He has this dark aura like Azriel's too.

"Sir," as they addressed him and bow a bit. Who is this?!

"Get out," he said and looked at me. Nanlaki naman ang mga mata ko sa inis.

"What did you say?!"

"Calm down. Come here and we'll take the next elevator. It's full, you see." He said calmly. Tumingin ako sa paligid at narealize na tama sya. Inirapan ko muna ang babae bago lumabas.

The elevator closed and we stood outside it together, waiting for the next one.

"Go back to your work," he commanded. Mabuti naman at nawala ang mga nagchichisimisan. Very unprofessional.

"Why were you being so irritated a while ago?"

"Obviously, they didn't want me to ride with them!" Sabi ko, naiinis pa rin.

"Because you aren't a regular employee. You should take the CEO's."

"Shut up," mahina kong sabi. The truth is I am scared of riding an elevator alone.