CHAPTER 5: Promises

Hogwarts, Hospital wing,8th August 1991, 7.30a.m

Severus woke up the next morning and went to the washroom to freshen up. His back was a bit sore from sleeping on the hard chair. He called for a house elves to bring him some coffee and accio a book to read while waiting for harry to wake up.

An hour later, harry began to stirred awake. "Good morning." Severus said. Harry smiled and reply back "Good morning sir."

"Please Harry. I'm a potions professor in this school but when we are alone you can call me Severus or Sev you don't have to call me sir all the time if you want." Severus said.

'Oh sorry sir... I mean Severus.' Severus smiled softly at the boy and said " Its okay, no need to apologise."

Severus ordered them some breakfast and Harry's potion. Harry took his potion and ate quietly.

Once their done their food, "Harry, can I ask you something you don't have to say yes if don't want to alright? Harry nodded his head. Severus took a deep breath getting slightly nervous on what harry might say on it. "Harry what do you think about me adopting you? Harry froze. 'Oh god, I broke him I shouldn't have ask him this soon.' Severus closed his eyes getting ready for the punch but it never came. Severus opened hid eyes again saw Harry looking at him with tears forming in his eyes. Severus was shock when Harry got up and wrap his arms around him head buried into his shoulder sobbing. Severus rubbing circle on his back. They stay like that for almost half an hour before harry started calming down. Harry pulled away ' I'm sorry I didn't mean to...' "No don't apologise you've been through a lot I shouldn't have..." Harry cut him off "No I like the idea of you adopting me, it's just that to think that no one will ever care for me for pretty much my whole life but now there's you... you care so much that you wanted to adopt me its just..."

Severus lifted his chin up to look into his eyes and said "Harry, you are an amazing boy and wizard and I promised you that I will help, teach, care, protect and love you like you are my own flesh and blood Harry. Forever and always. I will never leave you. I will never give you away. I will never hurt you. If you did wrong I will discipline you but if you did something terribly stupid and put others or yourself in danger you will get a spanking but I will never ever beat you."

Then I had a 11 year old boy crying happy tears on my lap. I wrapped my arms around him.

A few minutes later, Severus heard soft snoring he looked down and looked at the clock 10.15 a.m. "I guess you can have a little nap before lunch." Severus muttered to himself and carried harry over to the bed.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hogwarts, Hospital wing, 12.36 p.m.

Harry woke up and saw Severus sitting in one of the chairs nearby reading his book. " Hello harry. I see you are awake. How are you Harry? " Severus asked. " I'm fine, better and stronger."Poppy said that you are free to leave and moved to my quarters." "So why don't you go use the loo first and I'll bring you back to my quarters?" Harry nodded his head and went to the washroom.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Harry and Severus walked down the castle and to the dungeons together. They walked to a dark hallway and stopped in front of a painting of a man with black hair wearing a green robe.

"Harry, this is Salazar Slytherin his one of the founders of Hogwarts.