Big Brother

Word Count: 

Your P.O.V

~morning~

I sat on the edge of the roof of the hotel and watched as the sun peaked over the horizon bathing the world in beautiful pinks, purples, oranges, and yellows. The thing about mortals was they always took a world like this and ruined it they've become selfish of the millions of years they've been alive. Though I guess I couldn't talk demons have always been destructive in our own ways. Sighing I stood from my spot before heading down and finding some food to bring back to the young master. I got her different types of fruit and these fluffy things they call pancakes, and meat like bacon and sausage along with some eggs. Heading back up to the hotel room I set down the food on the dresser and sat back down on the second bed by the time Sapphire stirred awake presumably by the smell of the food.

"I brought you some food to keep your strength up, there's an assortment of fruits, some bacon and sausage, and some eggs, oh and these fluffy things the lady called pancakes." I said shrugging as I leaned against the headboard of the bed.

"Thank you (Y/N) it was very sweet of you to get this for me." Sapphire said as she stood and walked over to the food grabbing it and sitting at the little desk in the corner digging into the food shoving forkfuls into her mouth making me cringe on the inside from the lack of manners.

"Would you like any food?" Sapphire asked covering her mouth with her hand as she spoke with food in it, at least she had manners enough to cover her mouth though I could still see the little bits that fell out as she spoke. 

"No, thank you. Demons don't require human food. The taste of souls are much better." I said looking at my black nails as I slipped some silk black gloves over them covering my contract mark.

"O-oh... of course they would." She said turning slightly pale as she set down her utensils and got up going to the bathroom getting cleaned up to start the day. When she came back and sat down on her bed drying her wet hair, I turned toward her.

"So where do we start in catching the men who killed your mother and father." I said raising an eyebrow wanting to get out of this stuffy hotel, more so I wanted to search for my brother but I had to help this human first. 

She set down the now damp tile as she thought about it before speaking, "Honestly? I'm not completely sure. The only place I could think of starting is where my house was burned to the ground, maybe they left a clue that you could find, that they couldn't find. Otherwise, I have no idea, it's not like I got their name when I ran away."

"Alright, let's start with your house then." I said standing up straight from leaning against the headboard. "Are you ready to go?" 

"Yea, yea I am." She said standing up and slipping her shoes on before we headed out the door making our way down to the busy streets of the city, she hailed a cab for and had the driver take us a few blocks from her house as we got out and decided to walk the rest of the way. After we got to the house I let her look to see if she could find anything that she could remember her family by while I looked for anything that would trace back to people who murdered her parents.  As I searched through some of the rubble I almost unnoticeable probably for a human eyes, but I found a bullet in the rubble and etched on the side of it faintly was a howling wolf. 

"Does your family own guns?" I asked outloud to Sapphire making sure it wasn't a bullet possibly left behind from them. 

"No, at least none that I've ever known of." She replied coming to walk over to me a few photos with burnt edges held in her hands. 

"Does a howling wolf mean anything to you?" I asked turning towadrs her holding the bullet between my fingers letting the sun shine on it. 

"No, a howling wolf has nothing to do with my family." She said as I put the bullet into my pocket.

"Well then that tell's me that's where we need to start looking." I said as I started walking away from the rubble of the fire as Sapphire followed me quickly, before I stopped and sighed, "You'll have to lead the way for now cause I don't have this city mapped out yet."

"It's hard to have any city mapped out these days most people have to use GPS to get anywhere, even when they've lived here all their lives." Sapphire said as she took the lead and started walking down the side walk as cars bustled by. "It can take an hour just to get somewhere within the city from your house." She was explaining when she bumped into someone and I quickly caught her. Looking up my eyes met with familiar reddish/brown eyes. 

"Brother, rather rude to run into people." I said helping Sapphire, stand steady again before placing a hand on my hip raising an eyebrow at my brother. 

"Little sister, how wonderful it is to see you again." My brother said with his monotone voice. 

"Is this where you've been all these years brother? What happened to coming home?" I asked bitterly. 

"Follow me, sister and I will explain once we are out of the public eye." My brother said as he turned and started walking expecting us to follow, which I of course did, not only to find out why he was gone but to beat his ass for being gone.