Jazz? Really?

Tuesday.
I waited for her on the bus after therapy. She hurried on the bus and started talking quickly. "Bubble wrap", "crystals in the sun", "the smell of burning wood", "mushroom picking", "hammocks", "singing in the shower" and "making paper airplanes."
"I- what?" I responded

"For your list, reasons to stay alive." She sat down as the bus started moving which made her fall into her seat and she leaned onto me for support. I held her arm so she could sit upright and electricity zapped my fingers as I touched her. "I was thinking about it after you left, and those are some things I came up with." I took my pen out and started writing reason 72, 73, 74 ,75, 76, 77, and 78 as quickly as I could.

We talked the rest of the bus ride about other reasons we'd want to stay alive, and by this point, I had completely forgotten I started the list because my therapist told me to, it was something I looked forward to. "Getting compliments from strangers." I wrote it down. "Polaroid pictures" I suggested. "Baking a cake" she fired back. "Listening to jazz music" "Jazz,really?" She questioned "Uh...yeah, duh"

The bus driver quickly stopped and both of us flew to the front, stopped by the seats in front of us. Although her glasses fell off, it made us laugh more. "Falling to the front when buses quickly stop" "yeah I'll definitely add that."