Chapter 24: Keep The Heels On

December 1st is quite possibly one of the worst days of my life, the day Noah took Jace and my father away from me

December 1st is quite possibly one of the worst days of my life, the day Noah took Jace and my father away from me. Two of the purest souls in the world and they were ripped away so easily by a mad man who let obsession consume him.

The reality is that you will grieve forever. You will not 'get over' the loss of a loved one; you will learn to live with it. You will heal and you will rebuild yourself around the loss you have suffered. You will be whole again but you will never be the same. Nor should you be the same nor would you want to.

It's the main reason why Xavier isn't dead because I know what it's like to not have one parent, never mind two. Hunter is my son and I never want him to experience that, and I will do everything in my power to make sure neither of my children do.

I was currently sat at the breakfast table with a large black coffee between my hands whilst the boys were still asleep. All night I cuddled up to Jackson after the crappy day and even crappier night that happened with Callum.

Deep inside I knew he didn't mean any of it, he had a right to feel the way he did but it still hurt. I will apologise to him for keeping it a secret but I will be waiting for one too.

Right now I've got to decide on who else to take with me tonight with West. The nerves were hitting me today as anybody could show up tonight which included Noah. He would be an idiot to do something drastic with every other mafia and gang member there but who am I kidding? He will do anything to see me dead.

I'm also probably going to get an ear full from Xavier now Hunter knows everything, and he has done for a while because Noah has been spying on my family. Now I need to double the security because I can't stand the thought of losing another family member, especially my babies. I am one angry mama bear when one of them is hurt.

"You look awful," A quiet voice spoke out, Isobel was stood at the door with a bag.

I pushed my hair behind my ear, "Yeah I feel it too, are you coming back home?"

She let a sad smile slip before walking over and sitting across from me, and as she twiddled around with her wedding ring I knew she was having a battle with herself. I placed my hand over hers so she looked up at me.

"You don't have to explain anything to me, you do whatever makes you happy and right now I can see that you aren't."

Isobel let out a deep breath, "I still love him, I just don't think he feels the same anymore. I know he's ashamed of... you know what but I accepted it at first but now," She started to cry but quickly wiped the tears away, "I can't be with him anymore, it's just not the same."

I nodded, "My brother can be quite difficult at times, believe me, I know and he's always tried to hide the fact that he also likes men away from everyone. If this makes you happy then don't let anything stop you, just don't think my brother doesn't love you because he does. Just sometimes relationships arent meant to be, like look at my track record."