Chapter 11: Man Whore

"Man, what happened to you? Your face is black and blue," My best friend asked as I met him outside a shop on our way to school

He slapped my back as we began to walk, then he handed me a cigarette and swiftly lit it and did the same to his.

Mila has quite the left hook, she managed to throw a few more punches after it kicked off yesterday. My dad came in to pull me back after I pushed my mum out of the way to grab hold of West. She ended up ripping her stitches out, and let's just say I'm staying with my dad now.

He didn't seem to put up a fight about it, the both of my parents argued quietly after Miles calmed me down but I don't know what they discussed.

I don't fucking care, to be honest.

I looked at Brennan, lifting my hand up towards my mouth, "Nothing stronger? I could do with it after the last shitty few days," I rumbled out, clenching my jaw before taking a drag.

The tension and anger immediately evaporated, I could feel the stress just drift from my body making it easier to breathe.

"I'm not the man for you, you'll have to ask Harrison if he shows up today. Guys always stoned," I nodded and took another drag before crossing the road towards our school.

"Seriously though," Brennan put his hand on my shoulder to stop me, "why is your face like that, it's not your dad..."

"No," I sneered, and I bit my tongue from losing my temper, "it was my sister, we got into a... erm disagreement on something," I cleared my throat and looked at him.

He lowered his hand, "Wow, for someone so small she's quite lethal, isn't she? Remind me to never get on her bad side," He quickly glanced at me, "Just underneath her will do."

I can't believe he had the cheek to say that, and before I could deal with for even thinking of my sister like that he ran off howling like some weirdo. Students glanced at us and snickered or made weird faces. I just shrugged it off and flicked my cigarette to the ground.

School is pointless, everyone here is pointless, I'd much rather be homeschooled. I hate the crowded corridors, cluttered classrooms, the annoying teachers who think they have the authority to act like our parents. Nerds who actually enjoy the work and even ask for more. The shit food that dogs wouldn't even eat, and them god awful chairs that they make us sit in. Don't even get me started on the time they open schools, and they wonder why we are all pissed off in the mornings.

I slumped over onto the brick wall where some of my friends were gathered, all having their own conversations. Brennan leapt over the wall and landed in front of me.

"Hey, Hunt, who's that talking to your sister?" He questioned me.

Without looking I shrugged and scrolled through my phone, "Probably one of her boy toys."

Another thing I hate is Milas friends, they can't stand me and I can't stand them. Just because they are older they think they are better than me. Doesn't help that her closest one Will has some sort of weird crush on me.