Chapter 16: Moment Of Truth

Flashback

Flashback

Uncontrollable tears rolled down my face as I poured myself another glass of wine, pictures from mine and Xavier's wedding were laid on my desk.

How could he do this to me, to our family? Do wedding vows mean to squat to men? I glanced at the picture of us dancing and we looked so happy and now I don't even know what that felt like. The last thing I want is for my kids to see me like this, It's hard staying strong in front of them but they are only young and they deserve all the happiness in the world.

The door to my office opened slightly and Callum stepped in with a worried look on his face.

"You planning on sharing that wine?" He asked me as he closed the door.

I took a sip and shrugged, "Not really," I replied then ripped one of the pictures up.

"Talk to me freckles, are the kids okay? Are you okay? Wait, ignore that, obviously, you aren't okay, you're drinking wine all by yourself whilst ripping pictures up, how come you're ripping your wedding pictures up, is it, Xavier?"

He guessed it in one.

Callum knelt in front of me, his big brown eyes were dull and they have been since I broke his heart. His hand was lay on mine, my wedding ring was lacking it's shine, just like mine and Xavier's relationship. My heart was hammering against my chest and I bit my lip to stop more tears from escaping.

"He fucked his assistant," I choked out.

"Oh, freckles,"

"Is there something wrong with me? I knew he never loved me and I married the idiot anyway, I chose him over you." I began to cry as I covered my face.

Callum took my hands in his and made me look at him, "Now listen to me, there is nothing wrong with you. You are so beautiful, strong, funny and just the most amazing woman I know. He doesn't deserve you, and he definitely doesn't deserve these tears. Now please stop crying, I'll go and make you a coffee just how you like it and we can do something to take your mind of this okay." He spoke softly and smiled at the end.

I placed my lips on him and I felt at home like I belonged to him. Something sparked inside me but it was gone as soon as he pulled back and searched my face in confusion.

"You aren't thinking straight Hope,"

I shook my head and placed my hand on his cheek, "You're wrong, for the first time in a long time I am thinking straight."

He looked down and back up at me, "Fuck it."

His lips were on mine, my hands were in his hair tugging at it making him bite my lip. I was pulled out of my chair and my legs wrapped around his waist as he lifted me up. His kisses were desperate as they traced my jawline down to my neck nipping and biting making me moan.